We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

On the Vice Delegate

Today I was looking through profiles and I noticed that Vice Delegate PenguinPies hasn't made a post since 24MAR2015. This would mean it's been 32 days since she last posted here, which would mean she is now subject to Article 1, Section 2, Paragraph 8 of The Charter of The Coalition of The South Pacific, which states:

Quote:8. Citizenship will be removed if a nation has not logged into the South Pacific forums for more than 30 days and made two posts within that period.

Obviously she might have made a post somewhere that is not visible to most normal citizens, like the Cabinet forums for instance, and I would expect the Admins to verify this, however, if this information is correct, then Pen's citizenship needs to be removed and we need a new Special Election for the position of Vice Delegate.

While were on the subject, it's also interesting to note that Pen has not logged onto her NS nation in 19 days. I know Pen is having some potentially serious RL issues right now, but the show must go on. Even if an Admin check reveals she posted in a hidden forum in the past 30 days, it might be time to start talking about a recall.

She has made only one post in the Situation Room as far as I know. The CSS, I am not privy to.

ProfessorHenn on Tapatalk.

So sad but its true. Pen has been very inactive recently, and I never almost even notice her. So, it will be hard, but it must be done.

Do it.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

(04-26-2015, 09:37 AM)ProfessorHenn Wrote: She has made only one post in the Situation Room as far as I  know. The CSS, I am not privy to.

Yes, I suspected she might have made at least one post in a hidden forum in the past 30 days, but we will need an Admin to check if she's made the required two and when her last post on the forums actually was.

I'll verify that Pen has met the citizenship requirements between posts in the Cabinet Office and the CSS forums.

She has been dealing with some difficulties IRL, but I'll point out that we've been in frequent communication via non-forum channels.

Either way, I think a recall effort is premature.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Well, she does at least have 8 more days until her nation CTEs.

I suppose we can wait.

Out of curiosity, what were the dates of her last two posts?

From the Charter,

"Section 6 – Line of Succession
1. In the event that the Delegate is removed from office, resigns from office, or is banned from the World Assembly, the Vice Delegate shall immediately assume the office of the Delegate.
2. In the event that the office of the Vice Delegate is vacant, the Delegate shall nominate a replacement, who must be confirmed with a 50%+1 majority vote by the Assembly.
3. Until such time as a replacement Vice Delegate is confirmed the highest ranking member of the CSS line of succession shall serve as Acting Vice Delegate."

I'm guessing that the next step is dependent on what Tsu would like to move forward with, which if he doesn't want to do anything that is fine as well. Since she is posting on the CSS forums and other areas there is no issue.

The ruling here that citizenship is not lost until it is removed was the most recent court decision: http://thesouthpacific.x10.mx/thread-2102.html

I did speak to Penguin via PM recently and I am praying and hoping that her RL stuff gets better. <3

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Well, the extremely ironic thing about that 2 to 1 Court decision is that it forces the Vice Delegate to be the only one who is allowed to remove citizenship.

So if they Vice Delegate's citizenship lapses or their nation CTEs...

I knew that ruling was not of sound judgement. Tounge

In this case, it doesn't matter as she does meet the citizenship requirements in terms of posting. Then, I believe that Henn has been appointed to handle her duties as he has been accepting new citizens.

We tried to change the citizenship requirements but that didn't quite pan out. We need to figure out a few things because we've been lenient about posting reqs (allowing for example people like Xoriet or DM etc to get a reminder to post instead of just taking away their citizenship). We either need to change the culture to strictly following the rules for all people equitable or base citizenship on something else entirely.

Considering that if the Court hadn't made the judgement they did all elections from the time of when VDs stopped doing their job\didn't have a temporary person designated to cover their LOA would have invalidated all elections since 11/2014. Among other weird repercussions.

I think the Court made the best and most impartial decision they could at the time. Well 2 out of 3 did their best Tounge

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

(04-26-2015, 11:57 AM)Escade Wrote: In this case, it doesn't matter as she does meet the citizenship requirements in terms of posting. Then, I believe that Henn has been appointed to handle her duties as he has been accepting new citizens.

Yes, you do have a point, and per the recent law we just past Henn may remove Pen's citizenship if she is in violation of the law.

I forgot we added that. Tounge