We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Sentient Species in TSP

Did we agree it somewhere Henn? That Homo sapiens is the sole humanoid species in the TSP universe?
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

No. But it is for our planet in our tech level.

~Professor Henn, Hardcore Leftist, Totally not a Dinosaur

Sentient species, you mean.

All different species does is bring unique culture to the nation. It has nothing to do with the level of technology.

Then how is it that the Sanheli are only in TSL? Why not anywhere else?

As once someone said: "Earth is not TSP". So the Sangheli could've existed somewhere in the evolutionary line. Just because Earth has one sentient species doesn't mean that TSP has only one too. Plus, didn't Earth have two sentient species?(One extinguished the other in Earth, but in TSP, they did not fight?).

As such, I recognize two sentient species in TSP: Homo sapiens and Homo livi.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

(06-30-2015, 02:44 PM)ProfessorHenn Wrote: Then how is it that the Sanheli are only in TSL? Why not anywhere else?

They did not expand as homo sapiens, I guess?
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Well, TSL's selected plot is surrounded by Mountians on one side and rivers on the other. It is completely possible that the Sangelli were isolated from the rest of the world.

Don't mind me I'm just on Tapatalk
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

(06-30-2015, 02:51 PM)FederationOfTheRK Wrote: Well, TSL's selected plot is surrounded by Mountians on one side and rivers on the other. It is completely possible that the Sangelli were isolated from the rest of the world.

Don't mind me I'm just on Tapatalk

Yup.

Plus not all species feel the need to expand as the homo sapiens did.

(06-30-2015, 02:44 PM)ProfessorHenn Wrote: Then how is it that the Sanheli are only in TSL? Why not anywhere else?

Sangheli of ancient times were isolationist and generally not of the expansionist nature. Quite opposite in fact, they zealously guarded their territory. Homo Sapiens who entered the territory either joined one of the tribes, or didn't return at all. As such, no trading between them and outside tribes occurred.