We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] A World Forum

The following letter was sent to national leaders around Pacifica.

(OOC: The idea here is to discuss the possible forming of a UN-like organisation. The level of detail of the end result could anything between just agreeing that it exists (or not) or really go all the way and write a charter and stuff. Everyone is welcome to post and participate.)
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

Dear Vimmru,

I would be lying if I did not say that I was delighted to read your correspondence with respect to a forum for the discussion and debate of world affairs and for the furtherance of international co-operation.  I too have thought it long past time that such an organisation existed and that the current international bodies, including the SCO of which we both are part, are not doing enough to guarantee global peace, cooperation and understanding.  A neutral forum in which all nations could participate seems the obvious solution and yet it has taken this long for some positive action in this regard, for which you are to be commended.

Of course, I accept your invitation on behalf of the Government of the Democratic Republic of Erinor and, once a date has been decided upon, you may expect to see myself and Sirea Fasya-Arkhando, my Sityara of Foreign Affairs, along with any other staff deemed necessary (although, like you, we prefer to travel light, as you may have observed).

Yours,

Yena Yamera-Hyudo
Ura'sia Erinead.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

Your highness,

The people of the Electorate have longed for peace and solutions through diplomacy. That is why it delights me to say that I, along with my Secretary of State, will be traveling to Grovne for this forum. We hope to see you soon.

Sincerely,
Thomas Winston
Elector Primo
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

Dear Vimmru,

When I campaigned to be President and later Chancellor, I did so promising that homelessness, famine, and murder would become nonissues in my nation. This forum would bring these issues, which affect all of our nations, to the forefront. I believe that it is time for us to put aside our differences and take into account the well-being of our peoples. To the naked eye, we all bleed the same blood. We are all human. I believe that we all should remember that. For the longest time, nations have fought each other on ideological grounds, revenge, or over resources. It is time for us, no matter our ideology, to come together, as human beings. Where I come from, we learn at a very young age that sharing is caring. Let us not fight each other over resources, but rather share and split the resources fairly so that no one goes to bed hungry. If we fight each other long enough, the distraction of war will lead to the destruction of the same planet we inhabit. It is time for all of us to look past these distractions.

While we may already have several international bodies, they are not representative of all nations in the South Pacific. A body such as the Southern Cooperation Organization does not allow tyrannic countries to be members. As such, democratic nations do not typically fight other democratic nations, rather democratic nations are more likely to be in conflict with authoritarian or totalitarian nations. We must allow all nations, no matter the level of democracy existent in certain nations, to be members of this forum. While I may have my reservations about tyrannic leaders, we should look past their leadership and care for the well-being of their people, for it is them who suffer the most.  We must look after them. We must declare war on injustice. What I define as being "just" is for all people to be able to live under a roof, to be able to put food on the dinner table, to be able to live freely without being discriminated or violently killed.

I strongly believe that such a forum would pave a path to justice. Therefore, I shall accept your invitation to attend this meeting in Grovne.

Sincerely,

Margaret Harrison
Chancellor of the United Kingdom of Qvait and Winston Island
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

To His Majesty Vimmru II

My nation is still young and inexperienced, but I would love to be able to attend these discussions together with my Minister of Foreign Affairs to discuss the possibility to create an alliance or a common forum to keep the peace and solve any problems without the use of military might

Sincerely
Fredrik I
King of Troenia

To His Majesty, Vimmru II,

Ausstan has traditionally had a strong isolationist policy, but during my reign as king, and now the start of my term as the very first president, I have realised that tradition is not always the best policy. The old constitution of Ausstan bred corruption and lies, and the old parliamentary system, which Ausstan has had for centuries, was deeply flawed. And like I fixed these as much as I could, I believed the isolationist policies needed fixing. Despite the warnings of many of my advisers and ministers, in particular those of the traditionalist Conservative Party, I believe that, as Ausstan emerges into the international scene, that I should be attending this meeting, for the good of Ausstan and for Pacifica. I, President John Hills, would be honoured to join you in Grovne. Many senior members of my cabinet will be attending as well. The Ausstani government believes that this will be an excellent opportunity to become acquainted with international leaders.

Sincerely,
John Hills
President of Federal Republic of Ausstan, Former King of the Ausstani Federative Monarchy

[Image: 309r389.png]

Assalamu’alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Dear his majesty Vimmru II, King of Sedunn.

Being the Nuwang of the humble Peocracy, we would be happy to join these talks and perhaps assess on wether the organization would be in the best interests of our people. While it may be true that an international organization must be made, the ones made in the past have been quite untrustworthy, not to mention tardy, I myself truly hope that this organization you are proposing would be much higher in calibre.

Miss Diao Chan and Lord Zheng He shall accompany me in this event, along with our ambassador and several of my guardians.

I wish you a good day, as the grasses ever so shine nicely in this time of year.

Wassalam,

The Peony of Huawan
dr. Y
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

Dear Vimmru,

thank you for this invitation.
Of course GI-Land will accept it and wants to participate in this discussion.
A global bonding between all nations is perhaps the best idea, to challenge global problems, but also to expand diplomatic relations and diplomacy in general and our nation does believe in diplomacy as the solution of many global problems.
Furthermore a World Forum would show the strength of TSP, to be modern and strong enough, to defend their common values and their will for peace and prosperity.
It's a chance, everyone should take. There will only be winners in the end!

Sincerely,
Gianluca IV.
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

Your Majesty, Vimmru II of Sedunn,

As my nation now tries to flourish in peace and prosperity, I am reminded of the errors of the past. To say that Ryccia has suffered is an understatement. Ryccia has experienced terror, wars, destruction, and worse, anarchy itself. As I remember how my nation was torn apart by the revolutions, coups, wars, crisis, hate and anarchy, this gives everyone a chance to start anew, or to blossom in the international stage for the very first time.

It is time that Pacifica sees a light. A glimmer of peace, a sparkle of hope, for the errors of the past to never be committed ever again. Ryccia has had a front-row seat to all the suffering and grief these past years. To not aid in the establishment of this organization is hypocrisy.

Now, let us usher a new era of peace and prosperity. Forever. And ever.

We are glad to assist,
Her Excellency, Prime Minister Maria Essiau Galopita
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)