We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] 2017 Football World Championship

[Image: YTtNlEI.png]

2017 Football World Championship
- Road to the Trophy

The hosts for the 2017 Football World Championship in Flered, Sedunnejjd Javrillasad - the Sedunnic Football Association, had invited the press for the group stage draw in its headquarters in the western districts of the city. A stage had been prepared, accentuating a stand with a silvery bawl, containing 18 notes with the names of the participating nations.

A man with dark hair entered the stage along with a team of assistants. He presented himself as Mr. Summienn and explained how the draw would be carried out. Then he proceeded to drawing notes from the bowl. He seemed almost annoyingly pleased and haughty doing so. One by one, the groups were filled.

MEN

Group I:
Sedunn
Frost Empire
Tigon Autonomous Community

Group II:
Ryccia
Imperial Union
Karnetvor

Group III:
Huawan
FSO
The Island of Sereva Autonomous Region

Group IV:
Irykian Royal Autonomous Republic
SAM
Ex-Persecuted Brotherhood

Group V:
GI-Land
Rebeltopia
Transsuneria

Group VI:
Erinor
Zadiner
United Kingdom

(OOC: the championship for the women will be held later)
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

The coach of the GI-landian team, Gianluc Treyn, held a short press conference, after the groups were drawn.
Here is a summary:

"Mr. Treyn, how content are you with the draw and the group your team will play in?"

"Well, the Rebeltopians and Transsunerians are respectable teams and of course we should not underestimate those two. Nevertheless, I hope and think, that we will make it through the group stage. We've got many good players, Szalok for example, and we know, we're confident and hungry for a title like this."

"When will you announce your cadre?"

"Give me some time, please. Like I said, we've got many good players and so my selection has to be carefully made. But like I said, Szalok is good, so you can await him and regarding a goalkeeper, I think you know the one we play always with since a few years*.

*He refers to the GI-landian goalkeeper Springer

"Are there any news about Schmidt (a midfield player)? Could it be possible for him to play?"

"I don't have new news for you there. He's still ailing, but I hope, he will get better as soon as possible, so we can maybe plan with him for this tournament too."

"How much do you see this tournament as a prestige-event for either Sedunn or also GI-Land, if it can win this thing?"

"Of course events like this always are connected with a prestige-boost for the country it's held in, but I do see it more as an opportunity to show Pacifica, that we aren't funding football so much in GI-Land for nothing.
Any more questions?"

No more questions were asked, so Treyn thanked everyone for coming and left the conference.
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

The General Manager of the Rebeltopian team released this statement:

"Rebeltopia is excited to play in this international football tourney. While many of our players have been playing professionally either here or in other countries, Rebeltopia is new to the international football scene. We look forward to our group play, and exposing or players to the best players in Pacifica.
Good luck to all the teams."

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

In a brief interview, Ekkse Lenienn, captain of the Sedunnic team, commented on the group draws.

"We have never played a match with Tigon, but I expect them and Frost to play a very different kind of football. We will have to be on our guard the first matches, but I'm confident we will make it past the group stages. It would be wrong not to aim for anything less than playing the final."

Would you say representing the host nation is an advantage or disadvantage?

"I expect and want to see tens of thousands of blue-white supporters every match we play, many more than any of the other nations. I know we will get great support. But of course, failing to pass the group stages would be embarrassing, and puts a lot of pressure on us."

What do you think about the other teams? What team would you expect to go all the way to the final?

"Right now we focus on the group stage. Position 1 or 2 is all that matters."

Who will score the most goals, and why?

"Matts. Because Matts is Matts. Well, he always manages to keep cool, you know. We are going to make him a center, a position he has excelled in in the Sedunnic First League, and he will continue to lurk in the shadows, striking from a distance."
Roleplayer
Roleplay moderator

Huawan's specialty was never football, martial sports have been the ones dominating the playing field, but never football. They might get lucky however.

The male team coach, Shu May Gor Eng Bin Bath Tha Gur, or Shu, was a shy fellow with an inability to talk with people, especially the female variety. It wasn't easy talking with men as well, he's just shy.

The man spends his times reading the newspaper and playing video games, and thus upon arrival, he decides to merely prepare the team instead of going at the media.
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

In a special press conference, Gianluc Treyn announced his cadre.
It will consist of:

Nr. Name [Position] (Team)

1 Christoph Springer [GK] (1.FC Gianlucastadt)
2 Martin Stern [LB] (FC Freudstadt)
3 Sebastian Vogel [CV] (FC Atlantis 05)
4 Jonas Nadel [CV] (FC Atlantis 05)
5 Maximilian Wirth [RB] (RB Kuckstadt)
6 Jor Ygass [LM] (FC Atlantis 05)
7 Dominik Peters [CDM] (RB Kuckstadt)
8 Florian Ostermann [CAM] (1. FC Gianlucastadt)
9 Michel Meissner [RM] (SV Südtor)
10 Gianni Berg [ST] (1. FC Gianlucastadt)
11 Juliusz Szalok [ST] (FC Atlantis 05)
12 Frük Ytasch [GK] (SV Atlantis 1898)
13 Mario Hertzog [CDM] (SV Südtor)
14 Tobias Busch [RB] (FC Freudstadt)
15 Greg Bayer [CV] (SC Westtor)
16 Tim Neumann [RM] (RB Kuckstadt)
17 Fillipp Klehn [CAM] (FC Freudstadt)
18 Yta Fujimoto [ST] (SV Atlantis 1898)
19 Marco Pfaff [LM] (SV Atlantis 1898)
20 Alexander Ranke [ST] (1. FC Gianlucastadt)
21 Thomas Giyng [LB] (FC Atlantis 05)
22 Oliver Adler [GK] (SV Südtor)
23 Julius Kristansien [CDM] (FC Neustadt)

These are the jerseys they'll play in:
[Image: Rp0F0ea.png]
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

- 1st Group Stage

It's in the air! Tens of thousands of fans are marching and partying their way to the stadiums where their teams soon will play.

Day 1

Group I:
Sedunn - Frost Empire

Group II:
Ryccia - IU

Group III:
Huawan - FSO

Group IV:
Irykia - SAM

Group V:
GI-Land - Rebeltopia

Group VI:
Erinor - Zadiner
Roleplayer
Roleplay moderator

- 1st Group Stage

All day 1 matches have been played! For all the statistics you need, go here.

Day 1

Group I:
Sedunn - Frost Empire
3-3

Group II:
Ryccia - IU
1-1

Group III:
Huawan - FSO
1-1

Group IV:
Irykia - SAM
0-0

Group V:
GI-Land - Rebeltopia
0-2

Group VI:
Erinor - Zadiner
3-1
Roleplayer
Roleplay moderator

[Image: tcdiyoze.png]
by Mark Geffa
30th May 2017, 00:31 h

A tough Tournament - GI-Land 0:2 Rebeltopia

At first it looked like an evening, that couldn't be better. Mild temperatures were present in the Sedunnic stadium the game was played in, more than 9000 GI-landians travelled to the most eastern continent of Pacifica just to watch this showdown between their nation and Rebeltopia. The atmosphere was perfect. Everyone was happy and you could feel the electrisation in the air.
The teams got into the stadium and stood there in the row, as firstly the Rebeltopian anthem got played and afterwards the GI-landian one.
Full of pride it sounded like the entire stadium would chant the lines praising honor, freedom and respect.

The Starting XI of GI-Land

----------Berg-----Szalok---------
--------------Klehn-----------------
Pfaff----------------------Meissner
-------------Hertzog---------------
Stern----Vogel---Nadel----Wirth
-------------Springer--------------

Then the game started and it looked good at first for GI-Land. The Rebeltopians could get easily played out with the fast play and pressing the GI-landians did, yet the conversion of chances was horrible. Szalok alone shot in the first half 6 times on the goal, but either it got parried or it just missed its aim completely. Berg wasn't any better and so the first half not really showed anything from both teams.
After a short pause, the second half began and the Rebeltopians were like completely different in comparison to the first half. Now the pressing went against GI-Land. The situation of course couldn't get any better with missed passes in the midfield and suddenly Springer couldn't do any better and the ball was in the goal. After almost 60 minutes, the Rebeltopian team was in the lead.
Treyn thought, he could bring someone better and so replaced one of his attackers. Berg against Fujimoto and indeed the Atlantic-Japanese player was a bit safer in his play, but what should an attacker help, if the defense doesn't work right?
That was the train of though of Treyn too and so he brought Busch for Wirth and that should have been a horrible mistake.
Busch somehow couldn't really get into the game and took a pass from Springer at the border of the penalty area and hasn't noticed, behind him is a Rebeltopian player. He turns around, but it was too late. The Rebeltopian just shot at the goal and Springer was completely unprepared for this - The player of the opponent team seems to have been hidden behind Busch all the time.
After an additional time of 2 minutes, the game ended with a win for Rebeltopia: 2:0 (0:0).

We asked the GI-landian players, the coach and also the Leader, who was present too, what they thought of the game:

"We haven't made a good game here. The first half we had so many chances and just failed absolutely in using them and the second half just was a defense desaster. The thing with Busch and Springer maybe only was bad luck, but even that could have been better."
Juliusz Szalok

"I just haven't seen him. I don't know why, but I thought passing the ball to Busch would be safe and as I noticed this Rebeltopian it was already too late and I could only grab the ball behind me. That was just bad luck."
Christoph Springer

"I think, we just had situations, where we would have to make that goal and we haven't used them and I was furious about that, but could keep myself calm in the cabin during half-time, but maybe I should have let out my fury to the players. Perhaps that's what the Rebeltopian coach did and you could really see, how good they played in the second half. Regarding the Busch-thing, I still think, he's a good player, everyone got a bad day every now and then, it's just infuriating, it had to be today. Now we have to focus for the next game and show, what we got and win this thing."
Gianluc Treyn

"Of course there were games, we definitely played better, but I'm confident, we will win the next thing and I hope, I'll get to see another spectacle the next time too. A fight like today, maybe with a better outcome."
Gianluca IV.
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Aurora Markatt (Maura)

In a press conference today the Secretary of the Interior, Heffer Noir, said "our boys played their hearts out today! I hope next time we can come back with a win but I was excited to see them on the pitch. I know their coach has a lot to go over and wants some things kept secret so that is all I will say on that. I personally will say to the team, on behalf of the entire cabinet, this country stands behind you boys!"
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021