We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC-SciFi]Exiled: A Tale of Empires

A emergency transmission suddenly begins interfering with your nearest communications panel. It's clearly garbled, which you conclude to be from interstellar interference, but, you are able to make out some of the transmission with your universal translator. On your comm's screen, you make out a fuzzy view of what appears to be some sort of ant-like arthropod, on what appears to be some sort of bridge. In the background, many consoles and wall panels are on fire, with the arthropods and some other mamallian race rushing around to put out the flames. The Arthropod captain starts speaking:

"This is *bzzzt* of the Yil-idi and the M'gadri, we are sending this on all emerc- *bzzzzt* -missions known in this sec-*bzt*. We require immediate Assis*bzzzt*-nder heavy attack by a *bzzzt* known as the Tular. They *bzzzzt* -ted us for several decades, and seek to exter-*bzzzt* -ole species. We have very few fighting ships left and need immediate assistance. Most of us are only civilians we c-*bzzt*-ed ourselves if they board. I'm sending this transmission out with the ho-*bzzzzt*-ation will be willing to help us. Our coordinates are 1*bzt*.6 by 20*bzt*03. We are the last of our kind. Please help us. You're our only hope.

As the transmission ends, you are left with a clear choice:

Though the Tular are a sovereign species, and these coordinates given are well within their borders, you know very little of them with the exception of their location in space. And you have never even heard of these other two species, the Yil-idi and the M'gadri, but, they could prove useful. From what you could make out, at least from the limited view of the bridge, the ship they were piloting was rather large ship, certainly quite a feat of structural engineering and worth looking into. but now the real question begins.

What are your orders?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiyo folks, welcome to another RP created by the endless glory of ideas that is me, Resentine, muahhahahahaha!

I very much plan on this being a much more interaction/dialog driven RP, but, there will still be rolls to be made for combat if it comes up, but the rest
Alright, so, standard Resentine dealio here, with a few exceptions. Other than any final Sci-fi rules established by Qwert, the rules are below:

1. Though this is an international 'incident', I would like to see you guys follow small cast of characters, or just one character. These character(s) will directly interact with with scripted events and other NPC characters as the story goes along. I plan to make heavy use of the #bantam_harbor channel in the Discord for this, just to be clear on my plans for this. When the OOC thread is up please put up an available time table so we might plan our talks ahead of time.

2. My standard rolling plans will stick (almost) exclusively to combat for this one, but, I expect you to stay out of the meta-game. Just, for example: if one character is in the midst of sabotaging one of the ships, and your character has gotten no information indicating that, your character does not know that the ship is about to get blown up. That said, if you plan on blowing up one of my ships, please let me know so I can ok it.

3. There will be a number of scripted events where your characters will have to make a choice. I haven't quite sorted that out yet what all those choices will be, and that'll be developed more heavily as I get a better idea of how many people I'm working with here. But your choices will(hopefully) play a role in other events and ultimately the outcome of this encounter.

4. I like to put up logos sometimes to help differentiate the story lines of different characters in the same faction. If you do this, for the moment I'm going to ask you to try and keep the logos small as to prevent them from taking up too much space(like, 400x400 or less). It's just a little visual help to help *me* keep better track of who's story I'm following.

5. That said, Once I get a good gage on how many characters and players I'm dealing with, I will be "closing" the thread to new players, just to keep everything managed. If I don't think I can manage it all, I will ask someone I trust to be an assistant manager to help me deal with keeping the story on track.

6. With all that said, have fun! And remember RP is to relax and chill. If you're not sure if you can do something, or if you're confused about something in the story, please, DM me or the appointed assistant manager. OOC thread is linked here: http://tspforums.xyz/thread-5438.html
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

[-] The following 1 user Likes Resentine's post:
  • GI-Land

Unlike other interstellar governments, Ryccia did not particularly care for other lifeforms outside its territory. Sure, it knew by observing that there was life and maybe spacefaring species, but it did not know about these governments. Ryccia had only begun charting them, and knew of the Tular's general region in space, but nothing else.

In this peculiar instance, the Emperor was in a luxury voyage in the border regions of the Empire. He had his communications open, talking to family members in Daonlathas...

And that is when the transmission was jammed

"Captain! Translate this! Immediately!"

The Emperor owned "Foreign Languages: A Digital Dictionary", a programme for wealthy people interested in what lied out there. It costed millions of Imperial Units to produce it, and the Emperor was one of the few who had one in their possession.

It told of the dire situation they were in. Despite the weak transmission, the Emperor needed no more explanation.

"Captain! Send all military forces in our vicinity! 400 Interstellar-grade TIE Fighters and 5 Star Destroyers from nearby systems! All to that coordinate!"

"But, your Majesty, is this legal? The Senate and Congre-"

"THE SENATE AND CONGRESS BE DAMMED! FOLLOW MY ORDERS IMMEDIATELY!"

"...Yes, m'lord"

And so it was, that the Emperor's orders were followed. 5 Star Destroyers and 400 Interstellar-grade TIE Fighters all jumped to hyperspace, meeting with the Emperor on his border outpost resort.

"All of you, jump to hyperspace! We must rescue those poor individuals!"

Ryccian military forces were now on their way. The Emperor stayed in Ryccia, opening hologram transmissions with all of the fleet commanders. Telling them to defend a ship in fire, he told them to assess the situation first and look for a ship with the characteristics in the transmission.

Flames between Tular and Ryccia? Time will tell.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Treecuu Border Control Navy Ship (TBCNS) Irtee, near the Yim-Lootuu System

The captain of the independent border control vessel TBCNS Irtee sat comfortably in her chair on the command bridge. She was reading a report about a lost science ship when she heard that sound again. She looked slightly to her back and saw her science officer's hands moving over his control panel. T'tee's exoskeleton fingers made a special sound as they touched the flat screen, and she knew no one that could push buttons as fast as he.

Two more pushes on the confirmation button and T'tee stopped. The control panel in front of him beeped in confirmation and he raised his thin green/black arm and called for her.

"Loom, come see this, please."

"Coming over. Done analysing sample OT-3?" Loom responded, putting away her data pad.

"No, sequence still running. Alien transmission. Faint. Curvature shift analysis, places origin within the Tular Republic." T'tee's rapid speech was typical that of the Treecuu insectoids, a possible side effect of their compound eyes and their ability to take in many more impressions from their surroundings than the Treecuu  mammalian amphibians.

"Curious" Loom replied and hurried over to the science station.

T'tee pushed a button and the transmission was replayed with live translation. After they had watched it twice, Loom spoke up.

"Seems to be yet another weak species not being able to defend its place in space."

"Resemblance with the Treecuu, striking. 'The last of their kind.'"

"I agree, that's unfortunate. But it's their own fault that they are being conquered."

"Must alert Aveen Station. If subject planets see weak Treecuu-like civilisation..."

"Yes, I know. But they shouldn't have access to interplanetary receivers."

"Shouldn't."
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

723rd Deep Space Exploration and Retrieval Fleet (DSERF*)

Venterran Exploration Naval Ship (VENS**) Forward unto Dawn, Tular border (plot 12)

Fleet Commander Izana Kobayashi sat comfortably in in the captain’s chair of the 723rd DSERF flagship the VENS Forward unto Dawn*. Unlike other DSERF Fleet commanders that use the Yamato Class Super carrier as their flagship, the Commander preferred the faster and more maneuverable VENS. As the fleet slowly drifted across space charting the galaxy, the ship’s AI, Archer, picked up the distress message.
After viewing the transmission the commander shook their head and grimaced. “Archer,” the commander started, “It appears that the Tular species is engaging in genocide… While I don’t know if what they say is true we’re required to invoke article R2E*** aren’t we?” The AI responds, “Commander, R2E has been invoked following the end of the transmission. Per R2E the transmission has been forwarded to the nearest seed ship, Long Night of Solace, to be relayed to the nearest Ceres Naval task force. However, due to the sheer distance we can not expect reinforcements if we engage the Tular in combat. Given that we will be inevitably outnumbered and outgunned I recommend that you use hit and run tactics to delay the Tular.”
“Very well, Archer chart a course into Tular territory and have the fleet prepared for combat operations.” Replied the commander
“Aye captain, we will be entering slip space momentarily"

With that the fleet headed toward Tular space wary of what they might face ahead.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

DSERF*: The average Deep Space Exploration and Retrieval Fleets are comprised of 1 Yamato class Supercarrier (with a complement of 10 Charon class Heavy Frigates hidden in sub-vessel deployment bays along its ventral surface), 2 Orion class military support/research and transport ships, and 5 Venterran Exploration Naval Ships. DSERFs are deployed to explore the galaxy outside of Ceres Space. Currently there are 901 DSERFs in active duty.

VENS**: Venterran Exploration Naval Ships are modified Estella Class Heavy Frigates that emphasize speed and maneuverability. VENS are equipped with an energy shield that can deflect most kinetic, particle and thermal weaponry as well as 1 Magnetic Accelerated Cannon and some point defense weapons. However, due to the fact that they are primarily built for deep space exploration, the VENS have reduced arms forcing them to rely on the Charon class frigates to provide adequate protection against extraterrestrial threats while they chart the stars in tandem with the Orion transports.

Forward unto Dawn: Fleet Commander Izana Kobayashi’s personal Estella class heavy frigate. Unlike other VENS that house research instruments in addition to some point defense and 1 Magnetic Accelerated Cannon (MAC), the Dawn lacks research instruments. The lack of research instruments allowed room for a larger reactor to feed more power to the ships systems, including the MAC gun, reducing reload times.

R2E***: R2E, aka Responsibility to Evacuate. A Federal political doctrine that requires deep space fleets to intervene and help vulnerable species flee from the threat of genocide. While not stated within the doctrine, R2E has been used to cultivate friendly ties with other alien races to trade in technologies that are reverse engineered, studied or used as is, following successful evac.

Drakari Celestial Imperium
Interstellar space near the edge of the Typhon System
12th Expeditionary Fleet
Fleet Composition:  One dreadnought, three battleships, four frigates, eight destroyers
Dominator-class Dreadnought
Sword of Justice
0845, shipboard time

Admiral Vetarian strode onto the bridge of his flagship, much as he had just about every day for the duration of this tour of duty.  The sharpened claws on his feet lightly clicked against the metal floor as he moved at a relatively relaxed pace, the scales that were not obscured by his armored uniform the color of dull rust, and his tail gently swishing back and forth.  Atop his saurian head, like many of his species, was a pair of horns that gently curved back.  He took a deep breath, drawing in the scent of the recycled oxygen and of the mug of hot caf in his talons.  It seemed like today would be the same just as any other.  He looked around what may as well be called the nerve center of not just the massive vessel in which he stood, but the entire fleet.

"Captain Octavia," he rumbled as he strode to his command throne, "What is the status of the fleet this morning?"

A black-scaled Drakari with lightly chipped horns a short distance away stood at attention as her commanding officer addressed her.  "All ships are present and accounted for, Admiral, all hands ready and waiting.  We can begin preparations for our patrol of the surrounding system within the hour, as well as our rendezvous with the 18th and 5th fleets at the Star Fortress Watchful Guardian in the process."

"That is excellent news, Captain.  Keep me informed if anything comes up, and be sure the crews are ready for anything that may come our way."  Vetarian sat down, taking a sip of his beverage and savoring its bitter-yet-energizing flavor.  Four centuries of service to the Imperial Navy, and this had to be the quietest tour of duty in recent memory.

The peaceful 'morning' was shattered when warning klaxons went off, sending the bridge crew into a flurry of activity as they rushed from station to station.  "Captain," Vetarian cried out, "What the hell is going on?!"

Octavia was standing next to a communications officer, listening intently to a signal that was clearly alien in origin.  "Some kind of distress signal, Admiral.  We are doing what we can to translate the xeno-language, but it will take a few minutes to do so."  Vetarian nodded, despite his reservations, and sat back in his chair as he waited for the results to come in.  Within less than half a standard hour, the communications officer cautiously walked up to the admiral, offering him a datapad.

"The translation, sir.  It appears to be a call for help.  Your orders?"

After a few minutes of contemplation, Admiral Vetarian stood up and strode forward two meters.  "Open a channel to the rest of the fleet.  Now."  It did not take long for that task to be completed.  "Sons and daughters of the Imperium, you have all undoubtedly heard the message that was received by our fleet.  You all have heard this desperate cry for help from the few remaining survivors of an entire culture.  Some of you may ask why we should get involved, and I tell you this:  To stand idly by while defenseless beings are threatened with genocide goes against everything our people stand for.  We have protected countless species within our borders from the dangers of the void, and ensured that peace and justice be a constant in our domain.  We do this not just for our honor and the honor of all Drakari, but also for the sake of these poor souls who are threatened with extinction for no apparent reason.  Will we stand by while innocents suffer?"

The outraged cry that seemed to echo across the fleet comm network answered his final question.  Vetarian sat down once more.  "Nav, set a course for the provided coordinates and prep all ships for immediate jump to warp space.  All gunnery officers, ready torpedoes, cannons, and lances.  Disabling blows only and only fire when fired upon.  Perhaps these... Tular can be convinced to stand down."

Within minutes, the fleet had vanished into warp space, ready for whatever may await at their destination.

Tular Outpost (ANF)
Local Time: 10:50
Blue sentences are in Atlantic

"It's a nice day, right?", asked Tamm, a Nuclearian border patrol soldier, his colleagues that had their break with him in one of the cantines.
"It's a normal day, Tamm. Nothing is happening, the Tular respect our borders and I want to eat now", answered an Atlantic border patrol soldier named Byrr.
He then proceeded eating his soup out of blue carrots and krankta-meat*.
"You're always so demotivated and unhappy. What's the matter, Byrr?"
"You know, never happens something really cool. When I started to work as a border patrol soldier, I always thought, there would be more action, but everything's peaceful out here and I seem to not to be good enough to be e.g. at the Treecu-OP. Although they aren't that busy right now either."
"Come on, Byrr. There will be a day with something happening, believe me!"

Maybe this sentence of Tamm was the trigger, because suddenly an announcement was made for his crew.

"Troop EA756 - please get immediately to the commander's office! Thank you!"

So Tamm, Byrr and three others went to the office of Commander Franks and there they got all the information for their new task.

"We don't know where the call came from exactly and why the Tular would kill another species. We can't risk losing them as neighbours not being in a negative mood thinking about us, which is why I want you to be exclusively responsible for taking a look at this situation and maybe proposing solutions, if the ANF should or could be able to change something on this situation without getting in disgrace by the Tular.
And always bring all solutions to me, whether you want to side with the Tular or not, did you understand?
"

"YES, SIR!", said everyone of the team.

"Very good. I hope you were finished with lunch, because you should go to work on that immediately", Franks informed the others.

"Of course", responded Tamm excitedly.

*Krankta is a snail-like creature. It tastes like chicken.
Picture:
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

Written in #bantam_harbor by Resentine and Frost

Star G-000467, Sector Coordinates 1011.65 x 235.14, approximately 30 light years from Belu'Fisik Station

Despite the apparent intent of the distress call, the Venterran fleet finds that the coordinates given to them have led to a distress beacon. As they approach the location of the distress beacon, the Forward Unto Dawn's sensor officer picks up another set of ships approaching it's location. These ships are far too small to be the same one seen in the signal, and your crew can only conclude that these oncoming vessels in fact, belong to the Tular. Both fleets drop out of FTL at relatively the same time, and the Tular captain opens a comm channel.

The Venterran fleet moves cautiously as it tags the incoming unknown vessels checking the comms frequencies for an encrypted or unencrypted transmission. While the fleet commander was wary of the Tular, the commander sought to avoid unnecessary conflicts hoping to negotiate on behalf of the distressed species. when they found an open comm channel, the fleet AI hailed the vessel. On-screen, Venterran Commander Kobayashi find this strange, black and white molluscoid creature, with 6, tentacled eyestalks and several longer, thinner tentacles that appear to be hands.
The bridge of their ship is dimly lit, you can barely make out other, similar creatures moving around at dimmly lit consoles throughout the bridge complex. As the lit up creature, which you can only assume is in fact a Tular, begins to open its mouth to speak, the Venterran crew is in shock as they hear a set of almost animalistic screeches come out of the Tular Captain. However, the Captain suddenly stops, turns quickly towards one of it's subordinates and yells at them. It then turns back to the screen, seeming to be awaiting a response.

Despite the crew's initial shock of seeing the strange molluscoid creature, the commander maintained a calm demeanor as the commander looked over at another crew man and said, "Go to a secure line and tell the fleet to be ready for anything, this could get ugly real fast."

The crewman nods as he briskly walks out of the bridge. The commander then flipped a switch on a mic in the bridge and spoke, "This is the Venterran Federation Deep Space Exploration ship , Forward Unto Dawn. Who are you and what is your business in this sector?"

As the commander spoke to the creature, the Ship's AI attempted to translate the creature's screeching into Venterran. The Tular Captain looks back his subordinate, who seems to give him some sort of signal with an outsretched tentacle. The Captain looks back at the screen, and the screaching begins to start again, but is suddenly stopped as the words are translated into Venterran. "Apologies, Xeno. We were unprepared to encounter another interstellar race on this day. I am Nular'Marek, Commander of this vessel, the Masak'Tular, and her fleet. Despite my friendly words, I do not know who you are, but I must ask you to leave, seeing as you have invaded our space."

The Venterran Command shook her head wondering whether she should disclose the distress signal before stating into the mic, "Nor were we expecting other Xenos. I am Izana Kobayashi, Commander of the Forward unto Dawn and her deep space exploration fleet. Due to our fleet directives to explore this uncharted sector, I'm afraid that we are unable to withdraw without mapping out the sector at this time. Should you allow us to do our duty we will be out of your 'borders' in due time".

Marek looks what you can only assume is 'quizzically' at Commander Kobayashi, "I will allow you to withdraw and head home, since I doubt you have what I came here for. If your government wishes to explore our sector of space, they are welcome to send a dignitary to negotiate that. If we let every fleet that claimed to be explorers into our border, we'd have a lot more pirating issues than the Tular Republic would prefer."

"Understandable, but given technological constraints we would rather not waste 525600 hours or 60 years to return to this sector when we only require 5 years to chart the sector." Wordlessly the commander nods her head as 2 VENS break off and start scanning the surrounding the area, "Furthermore I am given the necessary authority of a diplomatic dignitary to negotiate the safe passage and exploration of the galaxy. If necessary I am more than willing to negotiate with your government to chart this sector as well as remove unwanted junk off of your hands." As Commander Kobayashi says this, two additional ships break off towards a random vector as they moved slowly away from the fleet in a meandering route to the distress signal.

Marek looks beyond the screen for a moment at one of his subordinates. He nods his head in acknowledgement and looks back at the screen. "I see. Well I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave that 'junk' exactly where it is. That beacon we've both been carefully avoiding in this discussion just so happens to contain the coordinates of notorious war criminals, who I have been dispatched to deal with. They have been very careful. We already had other fleets dispatched to similar beacons only to turn up nothing, or, occasionally, a large enough explosive to wipe those fleets out. We are certain, that this is one of the real ones. If you go for it, I will be forced to open fire."

Feigning ignorance, the commander replied, "A beacon containing the coordinates of war criminals? I was referring to your old decrepit and obsolete ships when I said we would be happy to take junk off of your hands." The commander smiled as the ships continued their seemingly random route to the beacon and continued, "Should we encounter this beacon in our exploration of this sector, we will turn it into the relevant authorities such as yourself, following a thorough analysis."

"If you continue this line of insults, xeno, I will be more than willing to ensure that you make that 30 year trip home, A trip that we could make in a quarter of the time you claim you have. We know they sent out a public signal reaching the far ends of the sector. We know the Kes'hek called it a "distress call" claiming they were refugees, but I can assure you, the last 1000 years of their treatment to us has made them anything but. I do not wish to engage you, as the Tular have enough annoyances to deal with between Pirates and the Kes'hek and smugglers, we'd rather not have another in the form of strange aliens from beyond our borders. We know you may have come here with peaceful intentions, but your display at the moment very much implies the latter. Stand down, and we may just explain our situation with you." The Venterrans detect a pair of lighter ships, corvettes, move off from the main fleet to intercept the two VENS. "I will call of mine if you call of yours."

the AI looks over at the Ventarran Commander, "Commander engaging the VENS into combat is suicide, I recommend complying with them temporarily to ascertain their motives. We still have our primary directive of charting the sector to consider as well and we have too little information to work with."

The commander nods giving the order for the 2 ships meandering to the beacon to join the other VENs. "You're right it would be foolish to give up the lives of our crew without information."

The commander then flipped the switch again and raised their hands up, "Commander Marek, as I've stated our primary directive is to explore this sector and I won't jeopardize my mission for this beacon, we will comply with your demands to stand down until we can negotiate with your superiors for the continued mapping of this sector."

Marek, seeming slightly relieved, tells one of his subordinates to call off the corvettes.

"You made the right call here Commander. I am going to allow you and a small escort to board my ship so we can discuss your continued 'mapping'. Please send only one shuttle over containing your main party with a two fighter escort. Our Starboard Docking port will be prepared for your arrival. And so you are aware, our ship is a primary Oxygen based atmosphere, so if you cannot live in such conditions, please bring an environmental suit for your party. Masak'Tular, out."

Captain Marek cuts the transmission. The Venterran sensors officer detects the Starboard Docking Bay of the Masak'Tular opening, and awaiting the Venterrans' arrival. Kobayashi nodded and responded, "We will comply with your demands", and flipped the comms mic off. Turning to the first mate, the commander said "Prep a pelican and get me two odst commandos to serve as my escort detail. Archer is also coming along to serve as a translator."

"Remember captain until I return you and your AI are responsible for my ship" the first mate nods and leaves. Sighing softly the commander also spoke, "Saber team you're on escort duty I expect you to help me get on their ship safely." With that the commander left the bridge preparing to board the Tular ship.
~Mahatma Gandhi

Written by Resentine and Ryccia

Star A-000566, Sector Coordinates 1209.6 x 221.14, on the edge of the system's Asteroid Belt

The Ryccian Fleet arrives at the location of the distress signal, but by the time they arrive, the signal is gone. The Liberty's comm officer manages to narrow the location down a bit more, but all where the signal was, there is only wreckage that remains. Though, given the Admiral never got a good look at the ship itself in the distress signal, maybe this isn't them. The comm officer picks up another signal, coming from within the graveyard of ships.

"Communications Officer, is that another signal?"

"Maybe so, Admiral. We have confirmed this signal in that area."

"Follow it. We are in unknown territory, so we must search and investigate any leads. Damn the Emperor..."

"Sir, our larger ships might not be able to navigate through the wrecks. Perhaps we should dispatch some of our fighters to investigate?"

"Agreed. Send a reconnaissance TIE Vigilators, with an escort, if possible."

"Understood Admiral." The Ryccian reconnaissance pilots rush to their fighters, listening to the whirring of the engines as they warm up and send them out into the black and silence of space. As they approach the large wreckage of ships, they can still see the sparks and jumps of electronic circuits trying to transfer energy, and what appear to be bodies floating out in space, though you cannot make out to whom they belong.

Moments pass, the Admiral breaks the silence on the bridge, "Do we have any contact with the TIE Vigilators? Have they found anything? Communicate with them."

"Aye, Admiral."

Comms open up with the Vigilator Leader, "Admiral, all we can see so far is sparking wrecks and bodies, but, we're only about halfway through the mess. Some of the other pilots are a bit skeptical about flying closer, worried about getting hit by one of the sparking wrecks. On your order though, sir, we'll fly in and check things out."

"Fly closer, we must find out more on these sparks. That is why you have a fighter escort, or am I mistaken?" Some Admirals in the Imperial Navy generally did not care for the well-being of their pilots, as the TIE series was very cheap to produce. Even more so, recon pilots took less money to train than fighters, so they were worthless. This doctrine was the 'Imperial Quantity Philosophy', in which the Empire would sacrifice any lives if they were cheap and needed to complete a mission.

The Recon pilots fly deeper into the ship graveyard. As they go in, one of the pilots on the port flank of the formation gets hit with a spark from one wreck's energy conduit, causing his ship to overload and shut down. The other pilots watch in horror as his ship, out of his control, smashes front first into the wreck of what one could only assume was the bow end of a battleship, and explodes. However, on the starboard flank of the formation, another pilot spots a relatively in-tact ship. However, it looks like their power is down, and the pilot is unable to determine if there are any survivors due to the background radiation from whatever battle destroyed these ships.

"Any new information, recon squad?" Said the Admiral, speaking in the transmission.

"We found something sir. A ship, no bigger than a heavy frigate. Relatively in tact, but, we can't pick up any life signs due to background radiation."

"I see. Marines Commander, send a small boarding party of 20 soldiers to investigate. We have no other leads, so we must search the ship. Understood?"

"Aye Sir. I'll dispatch them shortly."

"You, recon squad, return to the Star Destroyer."

Your Marine Commander runs down to the barracks to gather his troops while your recon pilots fly back to the Star Destroyer. All 20 Marines board one of the shuttles in the Star Destroyer's port hangar bay and depart. However, as they navigate their way through the wreckage field, one of your bridge officers detects an abnormal power build up and movement coming from both the ship you were planning to dock with and another ship out in the graveyard.

"What is it, officer?"

"Sir... I'm not sure what I'm picking up here, it could just be some power fluctuations due to the wrecks, but..... Movement Admiral, movement! Something is moving in that wreck! Wait, two objects! Two UFOs moving on the graveyard, sir!"

"Are they hostile? If they fire on us, counter-attack with our frontal turbolaser batteries and TIE fighters!"

"They aren't power weapons, looks like full power to engines...... Yes, no power to weapons, though at least on the battle damage it looks like thier weapons emplacements took the brunt of the hit, whatever hit them."

"Can we send a transmission, officer?"

"We can sir," the Comm officer states, "but we don't know the status of their communication systems. They could've been destroyed during the attack."

"Try. I do not want 20 Marines dead for nothing."

The Comm Officer sends out a transmission on an open frequency, "This is the Star Destroyer Liberty, looking for any and all survivors of this engagement. We mean you no harm. We are from the Ryccian Empire. We came here looking to investigate what happened here. I repeat, this is the Star Destroyer Liberty, looking for any and all survivors. Please respond."

Over the Comm, The Liberty gets one weak response from the frigate that the Marine Shuttle was headed towards. The transmission itself is rather fuzzy, but the Admiral and Comm officer can make out clear what it says, however, the voice on the other side is speaking brokenly, potentially due to injuries or a broken Universal Translator, "*Bzzzt* is frigate Yulan'Nasar, Lieutenant Balar'Kasak of Tular Republic. We have no weapons. Please, let us leave, and Tular Council look favorable on future deal with 'Ryccians'."

"Twenty of our Marines are en route to investigate your ship. We are also conducting an investigation into alledged genocide after a transmittion by unknown species blaming the Tular. Is it true?" The Admiral waits for a moment, but the Tular Commander stand silent, seeming to ponder his situation.

"I do understand your situation, but I have been sent by the Emperor to assess what happened in this event."

"Not in position to resist Boarders. But you refer of Ke'hek? The Signalers?"

"According to our intel, the faint transmission said the 'Yil-idi and the M'gadri'. We have never heard of the Ke'hek before."

"They are Kes'hek. They do this death to Tular. And much more. We merely return sentence they gave Tular long ago."
The Two ships have now stopped. The Frigate has allowed your Marines to board via the damaged but working single-ship docking bay.

"I see. We have diplomatic and investigative liasions with us. We wish to investigate the allegations of both sides. Do you agree on an interview by our investigators?"

"We do not need help in resolve. Their crime is one done to us in our own blood. Our evidence is our very exsistence. For their crimes, they pay price of what they took from Tular. We will allow your 'marines' to board. 'Investigate'. But, we must go free. Ulim'Masak must know of what was done here."

"I see...Honorable Captain, we know nothing of your history. We will let you go free, and we can even send some of our escorts if you send us any documents or information validating your claims. Tular history hologram documents. Atrocities by these species. We will allow you to go free regardless, but we humbly request this to aid in our investigation."

"Under Kelr circumstance, No Xenos travel Ulim'Masak way. But, for life, for justice, we make exception. We give coordinates, you follow Yulan'Nasar home."

"I see. We accept this. Officer, inform this and another Star Destroyer to act as an escort for these ships. The remaining three will remain here and contact the Emperor."

The Liberty and one of her sister Destroyers break off from the main group and follow the Yulan'Nasar into FTL. One of the last recon fighters docks up with the Liberty, dragging a beacon along with it. It will take some time to examine, but a quick overlook from The Liberty's ship-side science team concludes that this is the beacon that sent out the transmission. Further examination shows several ejection ports on the beacon, which the Liberty's scientists suspect are more than large enough to hold several hundred plasma mines. As the Liberty makes it's way to Ulma'Kasak, its science team draws but one conclusion from the mine: it was no accident that the Tular fleet was destroyed.
~Mahatma Gandhi

Written by Resentine and Pax Dracon

Unidentified Rogue Planet, Sector Coordinates 1452.31 x 252.04, approximately 150 Light Years from Belu'Ma Observatory Station

The Drakari 12th Expeditionary Fleet finds their source for the distress signal: a seemingly decrepid interstellar beacon, sitting on the northern fringes of Tular Space, orbiting a rogue planet, far from any charted star. It is unclear how the beacon arrived at such an odd location, however, as the Drakari approach it, the signal increases in frequency, broadcasting the message faster and faster over the open channel.

Admiral Vetarian leaned forward in his command throne as he watched the data stream in at the increasingly alarming pace, the portal to Warp Space closing itself behind the fleet. "All ships, maintain your headings and move into defensive formation. Nav, ready possible escape vectors in the event this is a trap." The message, one clear as daylight the moment it was received in the Typhon System, was becoming indecipherable as the dreadnought and its escorts closed the distance to the beacon. "Something isn't right here... where are the Yil-idi and M'gadri ships? Where is the attacking fleet?"

As the fleet lurched ever closer to the beacon, one of the Electronic Warfare, Lieutenant Caesia Varro. "Admiral, after looking over the data feed coming from the distress signal, there appears to be some sort of background program running alongside the distress message, at least on this version of it. With your permission, I would like to try and isolate it from the rest of the incoming data."

Vetarian looked at Lieutenant Varro, and nodded at her. "Permission granted, Lieutenant. See to it that, should this turn out to be some sort of virus, this program does not affect our systems. We must uncover the truth to all of this posthaste." Turning back to the viewscreen, the Admiral muttered a prayer under his breath to whatever god may be listening as he kept his guard up.

Lieutenant Varro went immediately to work, deploying a number of her personal programs to poke and prod at the incoming code. "It.... It appears to be trying to dig through our... library? Yes, our library, looking for mission logs, first contact protocols, first contact mission files. Wait, it's going towards another system...... It's... it's attacking the firewall to main power!" Varro begins activating defensive codes and programs, desperate to keep up with the incoming cyberattack. "Admiral, the whole fleet needs to go to emergency power right now. I don't know how long our firewalls and defensive code will hold up against this. It's only targeting main power and our libraries, we shut those down, whatever's attacking us will stop."

"Do it!"

As soon as the order goes out, the entire fleet goes pitch black for a short moment, the entire fleet seeing the true darkness of space, just before emergency power kicks in. As soon as it does, the Justice's comm officer looks up. "Admiral, we have a new transmission coming from the beacon. Different frequency than before."

As the emergency lighting turned on, Vetarian stood up, stalked over to the comms officer and looked him. "What does it say, Cato? How soon until it is safe to bring main power back online?" The new glyphs and signals were beyond the older Drakari's knowledge.

"It's audio only, I'm afraid. Varro, is it safe?" Cato looks over at Lieutenant Varro nervously.

"Yes, just like I thought, whatever was attacking us stopped when we deactivated the ship's power, and I don't see any similar data coming from the current signal."

Cato looks back to the Admiral, "On your order sir, I'll open the channel."

After a moment of thought, Admiral Vetarian nodded and made his way back to his command throne, his expression resolute and eyes narrowed. "Permission granted, Cato. Whomever left this beacon here has much to explain. And reactivate all primary power across the fleet once we are certain it is safe to do so."

Cato opened the channel, with the audio coming over clearly. "Our apologies to the discoverer of this message, as we intended no harm. Our intention was merely to determine who your vessels belonged to, and your association with the Hiwni-ilk, the betrayers. Our name is Al-Nijim Limuo, and we are of a species known to you as the M'gadri. We are greatful that you have made it this far, and have recieved our message."

"Why the secrecy, Al-Nijim? Who are the Hiwni-ilk?"

The recording immediately responds, "This is a recording, but we will attempt to process your question." The message appears to 'think' for a moment before delivering a somewhat jagged response. "The Hiwini-ilk introduce themselves as the Tular. Secrecy was necessary to guardprotect what remains of our kind." The recording pauses for a moment, sounding like it was looping back in the recording.
"As you are no doubt aware, ours and our comrades, the Yil-idi, are refugees, stuck in a constant war with the Hiwni-ilk. They have sought to purge us from the sector, once seeking and destroyingburningcoveting our planetary settlements, and now hunting our city ships. We had to access your ships librarydatabases to determine your contact with the Hiwini-ilk. That you are receiving this recording shows that your libraries have little ties to them, if any. If you were curious about the attack on your power grid, it was a necessary precaution to ensure your cooperation."

Vetarian's shock and anger became palpable to everyone in the room, even as his expression remained as still as he could possibly keep it. "I cannot say that I approve of such dishonorable tactics, Al-Nijim, but I can understand the need for them. But why would the Tular attack you? Why would they hunt you across the explored sector?"

The message again pauses, processing the questions. "The Hiwni-Ilk assault on our kind began almost 100 years ago, when they brokeawaylefabandonedbetrayed from our government. The reasons given are notstoredsavednotkeptmissing on this beacontransmitterlauncher. We would have allowed them to go peacefully, but, after an assaultattackannihilation on one of our colonieshomesfamilieschildren, further conflict could not be avoided. Tactics used by this program, while questionable by somes standards, were necessary to determine the hostility of the investigating species. Had you opted to fire on this beacon, we are authorized to launch plasma mines and destroy your fleet."

"Since you opted not to destroy this beacon, we have been given another optionalternativechoice. This beacon also acts as what one would know as a 'Wormhole Drive'. This drive will open an artificial wormhole, which will take you to our fleethomesanctuary, since this program has ruled you to be trustworthytruthfulbelievable. Jumping through this wormhole will cause powerfluctuationsanomalies even potential loss, but only for a moment. Do you consent?"
"If you have any final questions, please pose them now, but you may find bettercompletetrue answers with our fleethome."
"Forgive me if I seem paranoid, but is this 'fleethome' within the sector? I do not want to strand my people beyond the reach of our territory."

"You will not be stranded at the fleethome. You will be free to leavesupplycomfort at any time. The Fleethome is North. Safequiettemporaryaway. It is not somwhere the Hiwni-ilk would likelyfinddiscoverlocate."

Vetarian noticeably relaxed at that news, resting his head in his taloned hands for a brief moment. "Well, that's a relief. I take it you have studied our language during your little... scan of our fleet's databases and sent it back to your people?"

"Indeed, that is a partialincompletecontextual truth. Ours has studied many species for some timevariable. The original message was able to translate well due to previous monitoringstudyscanningspying?. Ours is much older than the Hiwni-ilk."

After a moment of thought, Vetarian looked around the bridge of his flagship. "Open a channel to the rest of the fleet."

Cato activates the open comm channel to the rest of the fleet. "Channel Open sir. The floor is yours."

The admiral took a deep breath, and spoke with a clear and concise voice. "Sons and daughters of the Imperium, you have all heard this conversation between our fleet and this beacon. You have no doubt heard of the offer to grant us passage to their city ships and speak with their leaders. If any of you wish to back away now, to return to Imperial territory, I will not fault you for it. What say you?"

The comm stands silent for a few moments, but then, one by one, the other cpatains of the fleet respond, "We will follow. We began this journey, we will see it to the end." "No backing out for us sir." "We'll follow you to the end of the universe, for the Imperium!" "No sense in quitting now." The entire fleet opted to follow their Admiral through the Wormhole; into the unknown.
The beacon's program again perks up, "Admiral, do you consent?"

"Aye. we all do."
"Ready your portal, Al-Nijim."

"Very well. One moment." The beacon ejects 6 sattelites, all of them no bigger than 20 to 30 meters. They form themselves in a large hexegonal formation, before emitting a large amount of particles, with the Justice's sensors officer picking up a large energy bubble being created in the middle of the sattelite formation. In the center of the formation, creating a large, red wormhole. "It is ready, Admiral, however, I should warn you, you will not be able to return here by these means once you go through."
"The wormhole will not lead back to this system?"

"No, this beacon will self-destruct after your fleet has arrivedtraveled. It is as much for our safety as it is yours."

"That is a reasonable course of action, given how... hellbent the Tular are in hunting you. Nav! Ready the fleet for transit, standard patrol formation."

"Aye aye, Sir! Fleet, assume formation, prepare to enter the anomaly!" The fleet forms up in the standard patrol formation for the Drakari, and power their engines to head through the wormhole. As each ship is individually sucked into the anomaly, The beacon sends one last message to the Justice. "I am certain the real Al-Nijim looks forward to meeting you, Admiral."

Despite knowing that the message was audio only, Vetarian nodded, smiling slightly as he admired the wormhole's interior. "The feeling is mutual."

As the Justice gets pulled in, the sensor officer reports detecting several explosions coming from the beacon. Only moments later, the Justice is thrown out of the Wormhole, along with the rest of it's fleet. Power to most of the ship's systems are temporarily offline, however, not far in the distance, the Admiral and his crew spot 8 massive, gold and tan ships in the distance, and an even larger object not far beyond them. Though much remains unknown, the Admiral can only assume that these are the City Ships, the last ships, of the Yil-idi and the M'gadri.
~Mahatma Gandhi

Written by Resentine and GI-Land

OP Tular, Sector Coordinates 880.65 x 269.88, Less than 20 light years from the Tular Border

Tamm, Byrr, and the other members of Troop EA756 Promptly exit Commander Franks' office and back out into the promonade of OP Tular. Though their orders were clear, 'Find at what the Tular are doing and bring solutions back', admittedly some of them weren't quite sure what to do. Odds were you couldn't just go up to the Tular and ask 'Hey are you committing a genocide today?' Without them trying to choke you out with their tentacles.
However, as they were walking back to their post on the station to get to work, Byrr thought of an idea.

"So.....I don't know, what y'all have thought about, but I think, we should ask our security council for access to the commander's sources on this genocide-thing and then visit our neighbours and confront them cautiously with it. I think the best answers come directly out of the source."

Tamm replied to that: "Isn't that somehow......dangerous?"

"Tamm, questions can't be answered without taking little risks. Maybe you haven't learned that while working here, which I can understand since nothing really happened until today."

Tamm walked to one of the elevators, which brought them down to the floor of the outpost, where the scurity council had its offices. Down there Byrr searched for office 10A-B, where almost every file was saved in. He knocked on the door and as he got the permission to enter, he got into the room and almost instantly told the secretary to give him access to the files dealing with the key words 'Tular' and "genocide'.

The secretary asked: "You are Tamm Parskon, right? Border Patrol Soldier of EA756? Who gave you permission to access those files?"

Tamm answered honestly: "Well, in theory nobody, but Commander Franks asked us to observe the situation and work out solutions for the problem. How the ANF can intervene, y'know?"

The secretary nodded. "Well, I guess it can't be helped then..."

She gave, with a little resistance inside of her, the files to Tamm. "It's a transcription of the message we got from a space ship within the Tular zone of influence. The information inside is top secret, so don't let anyone, who isn't authorized to read this information, read it. I trust you!"

"Sure" , Tamm answered and left the office. He got back to his colleagues and showed, what he got.

EA756 took a look on the papers with the transcription and analysed it. "No doubt, something's wrong out there, but it doesn't really seem likely for the Tular to do, what they allegedly do there according to the source.", Mako - another Nuclearian soldier of the team - interrupted the silence.

"I mean......Weren't those the people, who can't stand things like erasing other civilisations or did I sleep in my apprenticeship?"

"Yeah, that doesn't makes sense to me either" , said Byrr. "I mean.......They aren't really the ones trusting any xenos, but....it's not that they would just kill them out of no reason....I think."

Tamm agreed to that hypothesis. "The source really made something horribly wrong when they now get killed by the Tular. Of course only if we say, the Tular kill them and it's not something like.....another species wanting to start some kind of civil war there or so."

Byrr's eyes got wide. "That's it! Maybe there's some kind of intergalactic terrorist organisation behind this, wanting to have civil unrest in the empire! But we can't say for sure.....Well, now it's time for step 2. We should visit our neighbors and see, what they have to say about our source and our hypothesis. The worst they can do is kicking us out, the best would be, if they can actually help us."

"Shouldn't we inform Commander Franks about our plans?" , asked Mako worryingly.

"No. We haven't finished our task yet, got no solutions." , Tamm answered quickly.

Byrr puts in an immediate request for a shuttle, and the Troop makes it's way down to the hangar bay. Still bustling with civilian and military crews, Troop EA756's departure went relatively unnoticed by anyone in the bay, and with that, they made their way to the Tular Border Station. As the shuttle approached, a voice perked up over the comm from the Tular Station's traffic control.

**Tular Language: Translating**

"Unidentified ANF shuttle, this is Ulka'Malen Border Station Traffic Control. Please send your identification over and await further instructions."

The shuttle's pilot pressed some buttons, sending the ship's code to the Traffic Control.

"Receiving." The troop can hear the Tular's tentacles moving over it's keyboard as it verifies their identities. "What is the purpose of your visit today, Troop EA756?"

"We want to talk to the head of security in your station. We've got information that could get interpreted by others as the Tulars being not only xenos, but xenos that need to get erased out of the system." Byrr told the person on the other side of the microphone.

"I will notify the Head of Security. Please dock at shuttle bay 4, at the northern pole of the station, thank you for visiting." The Tular officer stated rather boringly, and shut off the communication line. The Shuttle was then directed by a set of autonomous beacons to the northern side of the purple and black station, and guided into the dimly lit hangar bay. As they brought the shuttle in, Tamm spotted a group of Tular coming in through the door to the rest of the station.

"Byrr, Mako, Klous - do you think, this is the head of security and his staff?" , Tamm asked nervously.

"Don't know, which of those worms are in which position. We'll see, don't shit your pants." , Byrr answered.

As the Troop exited the shuttle, one of the Tular, it's skin Black and Red, came out in front of the rest of the group, holding up one tentacle as a salute. "Saluations. I am Yirik'Ukir, Chief of Security for this station. My understanding is that you arrived here after recieving some sort of message about 'get erased out of the system'?"

Byrr made a step forward. He wanted to take responsibility for this mission. In the end, he wants the promotion finally, right?
"Kinda. May we - my team and you - sit down at the conference table in this ship or sitting down elsewhere privately?"

"You may. My office is on this floor." Yirik turns to his entrouage, "Officers, please go back to your stations."

Yikir turns back to the Troop, "Please, follow me." He begins to slide his way over to the door, and opens it for the troop to follow.

EA756 followed the Yirik to his office, where they all sat down. Before Byrr started to speak, Mako - who had the file with the source's information in his bag during the transfer - gave the information files back to Byrr. "So, Mr. Chief of Security. We've got worrying, secret information for you. Today at around 10:40 local time in the ANF Tular OP, we received a message from a space ship that's located at coordinates in your zone of influence." He pushed the file to the Tular and also gave him a little cube, that would translate the written Atlantic to him. "We were asking ourselves, if you or another Tular official can tell us or, in the worst case, our government, something about this."

Yirik takes the cube and the file, carefully reading it over, but seemingly unspurised at it's contents. He puts the file and the cube onto his desk, and looks directly at Byrr, his eye-stalks seeming to droop just slightly. "It was only a matter of time before the Kes'hek got a message out. Should've figured this day would come the moment the station opened."

"Uh huh. So.....You are actually......doing what they've told us and definitely also other empires?"

"There is...... quite a bit of history and context to this message than they let on. But yes, we are in a war with the 'Yil-idi and M-gadri', or as we know them, the Kes'hek. The Blood Traitors."

"Ok, I guess, we understand." He looked around and perceived a nod of Tamm and Mako.
"First of all, be sure that we aren't not on your side. As of now we only want some explanations and I think, the ANF would gladly help you with your problems, if you can explain us now in detail, who the Blood Traitors are and why you want to......erase them."

Yirik sighs, and then accesses his terminal, searching through historical data, "Simply put, our history has been permenantly intertwined with theirs since the dawn of our civilization. Have you ever heard any Tular stories and legends? Probably the most prominent example of such a Tale is 'Urik and the Doom'?"

"Uh.....We haven't had too much intergalactic history. Or intergalactic poetry in school admittedly" , Mako answered for the three.

"Well I'll keep it simple for you then.", Yirik responds, continuing to siphon through files. "In the acient times, Ulma'Kasak was a lush world, with a variety of plants and animals, there was even natural forming di-hydrogen oxide. During that time, there was a great leader of a civilization named Urik. Urik believed himself the greatest leader, claiming to have the best ideas, the greatest inventions, having no faults. However, his overconfidence made him foolish. One day, when he was out leading his city, teaching farmers, Great Beings descended from the sky, promising gifts and items if Urik would accept them as his gods. Urik, in his overconfidence, killed both of them with his spear, showing they were not gods in any way, but mere mortals. However, on the next day, the two beings returned, offering Urik to correct his mistake. He again rejected them, and killed the two emissaries once again. However, on the third day, they returned yet again, but, instead of offering gifts, they offered an ultimatum. Urik again rejected them. Finally, on the fourth day, Urik awoke to the sounds of his city burning. The gods Urik had rejected were now bathing his city in light, burning away the buildings, the farms, until it all turned to glass. Urik ran out, begged for the gods forgiveness, and instead of forgiveness, Urik was turned to ash." He paused for a moment, pulling out a Tular data stick, and plugging it into his terminal.
"After Urik doomed the world, the Tular hid underground, and the glass slowly disintegrated, turning our world into desert and sand. 3000 years later, we were first contacted by the Yil-idi and the M-gadri. They landed on our world, claiming they came to enlighten us. We quickly accepted, remembering this tale about attacking those who bore gifts."
Yirik pans through his data files yet again, digging through a new section. from what Mako and Tamm can make of it, they appear to be medical records. "We could not have been more wrong."

"Okay, I guess we understand. Do you think, you need.....help, whether it'd be moral support or actual support?" Mako asked.

"Legally, I can't ask you to do that. Unofficially, my friends in our military arm have had a number of issues tracking them down. They have wormhole beacons all over the sector, but, we can't use any of them because they can Identify any Tular ship and will immediately launch mines at us. And, I'm also afraid that isn't everything." He uploads a large collection of medical files on to the data stick, and places it onto his desk. Yirik then asks, "Do any of you have some sort of biological storage device? Looks like a vial, with a metal pricker at the end, or something we can use as one? The translator device does not have a word for it in your tongue."

"Uhm......" , Tamm is only able to get out of his mouth.
"Maybe we've got something like this in our first aid kit." , Byrr said and searched for it in Mako's bag.
He places a little syringe on the table in front of the Tular. "Are you looking for something like that?"

"Yes, precisely that. Thank you." Yirik picks the syringe up and stabs it into one of his 'shoulders', and begins drawing a sample of his own blood. He lets out a painful grunt before continuing to speak. "Once the Kes'hek came down from the sky and incorporated us into their empire, they did much more than make us citizens. They regularly abducted us, kidnapping our people, and making us into-" he lets out another grunt as he pulls the syringe out, filled to the top with blue Tular blood, "-monsters. There's a reason we call them Blood Traitors, and it was because of the genetic mutations and experiments they did on us. It wasn't just a couple thousand Tular, it was millions abducted, manipulated, and placed back into the populace as if nothing had happened." He placed the syringe on the desk, allowing Byrr or someone else from the Troop to take it.
"We only found out ourselves 120 years ago. We broke away from their government, and then they tried to finish the job they started those thousands of years ago, when they turned our world into glass. Ever since then, our entire species has been plagued by a genetic disease, causing some of us to go insane, have massive deformations, or even unable to reproduce, like me. They condemned us to death with their experiments, the Council of 36 only figured it right to do the same."

Mako took the syringe from the table, looked at it for a moment - he has never seen such a beautiful tone of blue - and put it into his bag.
Byrr said with an assuring face: "We see. We send your sample instantly to Nuklea. Our Ministry of Health and Research should be able to discover, what makes you going insane or unable to reproduce. The results probably will immediately get forwarded to our government, same applies for our analysis of the data you gave us. You'll hear in the next 72 to 96 hours from our government officially. Thanks for the confidence you put into us."

"Very well. Be careful though and leave quickly." Yirik again looked over at his terminal, seeing something in the bottom right corner, flashing red. "Everything in there, that data, my blood, it was never supposed to leave Tular space. While we've been sitting here, I've pretty much committed treason several times over. Security is on it's way up here now, but I've already given you clearance to leave. It can never get back to the Tular who has it. At least not until you've verified everything. We've been rejecting help, hiding our weaknesses, our enemies, for too long. The crime the Kes'hek committed must be known. I doubt you'll find a cure for our degradation, but, maybe 100 years from now, there will be a chance."

EA756 bowed in front of the Chief of Security, said farewell and went back to their ship, which would bring them back to the Tular OP. Mako looks back down the hallway as the rest of the troop is boarding and sees Tular security, donning full armor, bargind down the door of the security office. They don't even notice the Troop's shuttle leave as they escorted Yirik out of his office and deeper into the station.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tular OP, ANF Space

"No way!" , Commander Franks shouted surprised. "We really have to give all this information to the capital. We've got a chief of security to free, an illness to cure and neighbors to help. Good job. Now, go back to your routine."
"Thanks, Sir" , said Tamm, but Byrr had to ask: "Uhm, Sir. I have wondered, if I'm maybe now ready for....."
"For a promotion? Well.....I need you here, but sure. Someday."
Byrr left the office a bit disappointed, the others happy about the compliment though.
~Mahatma Gandhi

[-] The following 1 user Likes Resentine's post:
  • GI-Land