We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[OOC] Historic Football World Championships (OPEN FOR EVERYONE)

Hello everyone!
@Qwert and I are working on simulating all FWCs that were before the ones in 2017 and '18 and we want YOU to be part in it.
Who is "YOU"? You are rp-ers that are or were active in the TSP region in some way or another here on the forums and want to be part of something that deepens TSP-canon history, which will connect every important rp-nation that existed, exists and will exist in some way.
We want only little pieces of information from you:
1) Has your nation ever participated in the Men's FWC between 1956 and 2016? If yes: In which years?
2) Has your nation ever participated in the Women's FWC between 1990 and 2014? If yes: In which years?
If you have different nations or autonomous regions, that's no problem, since every nation or autonomous region may (have) participate(d), but keep in mind your nation's history!
If you haven't existed before 1964 e.g., you might not have taken part in the tournaments before 1964, but if a predecessor nation existed, maybe this nation participated?
Who knows? We don't, so please tell us! Smile

The Idea behind it
It's the end of the Great War in 1955 and like after many wars, nations have looked for a way to somehow battle against each other without having to use weapons and without killing each other. That's when the idea of the Football (Soccer) World Championship got born! It was hosted by Sedunn the first time in 1956 and since then got played out every four years until 2016, as of then yearly. Since 1990 there's also every four years a FWC for Women, but that also gets played out every year as of 2018 now. Until 2018 (at the very least) the last year's tournament winner always hosted the following FWC.

How will this rp-event work?
Like it has gotten said, you only give Qwert and me on here the little information we want. Post the information that gets demanded and then sit back and wait for the result sheet to get published on the forums. Qwert and I have two different systems to determine the scores and winners of each tournament. Qwert will use some algorithm while I'll use the good old dice roll system I also use for the current FWC. We take turns in playing out the FWCs. Qwert will simulate the first, third, fifth.....FWC of Men and Women, I will do the 2nd, 4th, 6th,.....

To make it clearer: The dates of the historic FWCs
Men: 1956, '60, '64, '68, '72, '76, '80, '84, '88, '92, '96, 2000, '04, '08, '12, '16
Women: 1990, '94, '98, 2002, '06, '10, '14

Please use the following form to registrate your nation(s) and autonomous region(s)*:
Code:
Nation/Region Name: 
Years they participated in the FWC for Men:
Years they particpated in the FWC for Women:

*Only if you haven't done it already on Discord.

Thanks for anyone participating! The project is ambitious, we know, and we really would like as many people as possible, especially the ones rp-ing/having rp-ed much, to join this thing! Let us write some part of TSP history! Smile
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

Nation/Region Name: Bzerneleg
Years they participated in the FWC for Men: Current FWC, none in the past
Years they particpated in the FWC for Women: FWC, none in the past
[Image: VCUpXJI.png1]

BZERNELEG 

South Pacifican. Public Servant. Creator. In that order.

Official Thread • Lampshade Broadcasting Company • The Tsunamy Institution of the Law and Public Policy

(06-22-2018, 10:44 PM)palaisbellevuebz Wrote: Nation/Region Name: Bzerneleg
Years they participated in the FWC for Men: Current FWC, none in the past
Years they particpated in the FWC for Women: FWC, none in the past

The current FWC and the one in 2017 won't get simulated again ^^
If you don't want to participate in a FWC of the past (one of the years listed above), then your next chance to participate in one would be next year Smile
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

I'll have to reference my history before I submit... I participated last year, and it was awesome!!
Quote:Nation/Region Name: Rebeltopia
Years they participated in the FWC for Men:
Women: 
Ill edit this when I have access to a PC (tonight, maybe??)

EDIT:
It appears Ive never fully disclosed (even to myself) the exact year of the founding if Rebeltopia. So, with that in mind, Ill just start from the beginning...

Men: 1968, '72, '76, '80, '84, '88, '92, '96, 2000, '04, '08, '12, '16

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebeltopia's post:
  • GI-Land

Nation/Region Name: Republic of Ubesii
Years they participated in the FWC for Men: '56, '92, '96, 2000, '04, '08, '12, '16
Years they particpated in the FWC for Women: 1990, '94, '98, 2002, '06, '10, '14

Fire We look forward to having already met on our chosen battlefield of large and carefully manicured lawns. Fire
Unity, Order, and Freedom
-Motto of the Republic of Ubesii
The Ever Silent and Anxious Kiwi(Bird) of The South Pacific
[-] The following 1 user Likes Republic of Ubesii's post:
  • GI-Land

(06-19-2018, 05:04 PM)GI-Land Wrote: Hello everyone!
@Qwert and I are working on simulating all FWCs that were before the ones in 2017 and '18 and we want YOU to be part in it.
Who is "YOU"? You are rp-ers that are or were active in the TSP region in some way or another here on the forums and want to be part of something that deepens TSP-canon history, which will connect every important rp-nation that existed, exists and will exist in some way.
We want only little pieces of information from you:
1) Has your nation ever participated in the Men's FWC between 1956 and 2016? If yes: In which years?
2) Has your nation ever participated in the Women's FWC between 1990 and 2014? If yes: In which years?
If you have different nations or autonomous regions, that's no problem, since every nation or autonomous region may (have) participate(d), but keep in mind your nation's history!
If you haven't existed before 1964 e.g., you might not have taken part in the tournaments before 1964, but if a predecessor nation existed, maybe this nation participated?
Who knows? We don't, so please tell us! Smile

The Idea behind it
It's the end of the Great War in 1955 and like after many wars, nations have looked for a way to somehow battle against each other without having to use weapons and without killing each other. That's when the idea of the Football (Soccer) World Championship got born! It was hosted by Sedunn the first time in 1956 and since then got played out every four years until 2016, as of then yearly. Since 1990 there's also every four years a FWC for Women, but that also gets played out every year as of 2018 now. Until 2018 (at the very least) the last year's tournament winner always hosted the following FWC.

How will this rp-event work?
Like it has gotten said, you only give Qwert and me on here the little information we want. Post the information that gets demanded and then sit back and wait for the result sheet to get published on the forums. Qwert and I have two different systems to determine the scores and winners of each tournament. Qwert will use some algorithm while I'll use the good old dice roll system I also use for the current FWC. We take turns in playing out the FWCs. Qwert will simulate the first, third, fifth.....FWC of Men and Women, I will do the 2nd, 4th, 6th,.....

To make it clearer: The dates of the historic FWCsMen: 1956, '60, '64, '68, '72, '76, '80, '84, '88, '92, '96, 2000, '04, '08, '12, '16

Please use the following form to registrate your nation(s) and autonomous region(s)*:
Code:
Nation/Region Name:New Crookston
Years they participated in the FWC for Men: 1956, '60, '64, '68, '72, '76, '80, '84, '88, '92, '96, 2000, '04, '08, '12, '16
Years they particpated in the FWC for Women:1990, '94, '98, 2002, '06, '10, '14
*Only if you haven't done it already on Discord.

Thanks for anyone participating! The project is ambitious, we know, and we really would like as many people as possible, especially the ones rp-ing/having rp-ed much, to join this thing! Let us write some part of TSP history! Smile 
[-] The following 1 user Likes New Crookston's post:
  • GI-Land

Nation/Region Name: Esfalsa (ESF)
Years they participated in the FWC for Men: 56, 60, 72, 80, 84, 96, 2000, 04, 12, 16
Years they particpated in the FWC for Women: 1990, 94, 06, 10

I chose these years randomly to represent the fact that the Esfalsan team didn't qualify every year, but it might cause significant problems if you're trying to keep the number of teams in each tournament constant. If this causes problems for you, feel free to ask me for a revision.a
[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pronoun's post:
  • GI-Land

It's time to dig out this thread again, because admittedly some things went a little slow and wrong in the meantime, which meant delays in the schedule.

I want to share here, who already applied on one way or another and give you the possibility to apply too until the 22nd May 2019, 15 h (Central European Summer Time), if you haven't already.

Following teams have already applied:

Bzerneleg, Erinor (and Sereva), Esfalsa, Farengeto, Frost Empire (Official and unofficial), GI-Land (and the fomer nation of Atlantis), Huawan, Karnetvor, North Prarie, Omega (and the former nations of Pecuniam, Litus, Terra, Silva, Ailments), Rebeltopia, Ryccia, Sedunn, Snolland (and Hazelbrust), Transsuneria, TSSS, Ubesii

* Pax Dracon has shown interest in it, but it's not clear yet, how and when they competed, if they did.
The nation of New Crookston doesn't exist anymore (in TSP at least). Same applies to the nation of Liberimery, that applied originally too.
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Aurora Markatt (Maura)
[-] The following 1 user Likes GI-Land's post:
  • Rebeltopia

Code:
Nation/Region Name:Bruuma
Years they participated in the FWC for Men:'68, '72, '76, '80, '84, '88, '96, 2000, '04, '08, '12, '16
Years they particpated in the FWC for Women: '10, '14

Code:
Nation/Region Name: Puerto Pollo
Years they participated in the FWC for Men: 1956, '60, '64, '68, '72, '76, '96, 2000, '04, '08, '16
Years they particpated in the FWC for Women: '14

Code:
Nation/Region Name: Kai Fa
Years they participated in the FWC for Men: '60, '64,'80, '84, '88, '96, 2000, '04, '08, '12, '16
Years they particpated in the FWC for Women: 2002, '06, '10, '14
[-] The following 1 user Likes VPRB's post:
  • GI-Land

Nation/Region Name: The Empire of Qvait
Years they participated in the FWC for Men: 1956 through 1968
Years they particpated in the FWC for Women: n/a

Nation/Region Name: The Republic of Qvait
Years they participated in the FWC for Men: 1972 through 2016
Years they particpated in the FWC for Women: 1990 through 2014

Nation/Region Name: The Kingdom of Winston Island
Years they participated in the FWC for Men: 1956 through 2016
Years they particpated in the FWC for Women: 1990 through 2014