We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The 892nd Day of the Valkyries parade (2018)

DAY OF THE VALKYRIES, YEAR 892

[Image: 450]
Flag of the Valkyrian Defence Forces

For the first time in nearly a century, the state will oversee the annual Day of the Valkyries parade, an event that began in 1126 CE. The Valkyrian government passed the Name Act 2017, which established the Valkyrian national identity and revived a cultural identity that had been left stagnant after the fascist coup of 1923. Historically, the Day of the Valkyries was a moment in Qvaitican and Winstonian culture that celebrated and honoured the Valkyries, who were mythological women that chose who would live and die in battle. While the people of Valkyria have become more secular, the cultural roots that continue to exist allow the Day of the Valkyries to remain popular. 15 November is the Day of the Valkyries.

In the parade, the Valkyrian Defence Forces will march wearing ancient-style military uniforms, which is a tradition that began in the first parade of 1126. The heads of state and government, which shall be Acting President Katelynn Williams and Chancellor Margaret Harrison, will also be in attendance and shall wear the same uniforms. On the occasion, the head of state may give an address or defer to the head of government. For the 2018 parade, Acting President Williams has deferred the speech to Chancellor Harrison. Foreign dignitaries are welcome to attend the parade.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

"Tell me again why?"
"Because it is the neighbors of the Peocracy, I do believe you should respond to their invitation?"
"Yes, but what I don't understand is why am I following you?"
"Because imperative contacts are here, my Peony." said Doctor Kane, "they house the connection to the lab."
"It means I'm neglecting my diplomatic duties."
"After the parade, leave Diao Chan to discuss the rest, and you'll walk away me. We'll meet Darach and Caitlin too."
"What I don't understand is why Caitlin and Darach is going to come with us, and why on earth did you take your ex-girlfriend with you?"
"Doctor Valentine? I'm sure that was your decision."
"It was my decision to invite the WF Health Committee speaker to meet with the host country, but I don't recall it was my decision to warp her into this operation."
"She's just a contractor, that is all."
"You are crazy," remarked The Peony, she then looked at the time, "I have to prepare, leave my sight."

Attendance

Peonic Ambassador to Valkyria, dr. Felisia Lim
The Peony of Huawan, Doctor Yan
High Diplomat Lady Miss Diao Chan
High Commodore and Trade Minister, Lord Zheng He
Imperial Military Advisor Roland Young
WF Health Committee Chairperson, Doctor Valentine
PAF Royal Field Marshal Aurel Shen-Durr
Delegation Guest, Sir Darach Albright of Sonata
Delegation Guest, Lady Caitlin Swan of Sonata
Delegation Guest, Doctor Kane of Sonata

The entire delegation rendezvoused in the Peonic embassy, wondering how to watch the parade
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hammerstar's post:
  • Jay Coop

At 08:30, on October 20, the President received a call from Secretary of State David Rasmussen, who is currently in Harmakmis for the Harm-Gord Council meetings.

SECRETARY RASMUSSEN: Good morning, Mr. President.

PRESIDENT BLYTHE: Mornin', David. Is everything all right over there?

SECRETARY RASMUSSEN: Yes, sir. Everything's all fine. Things are getting resolved, sir.

PRESIDENT BLYTHE: It's quite relieving to hear that. It's crazy back home you know, suddenly there's protests 'cause apparently a policeman shot a Muslim woman because he hated Muslims and some crazy far-right bastards opening fire at a LGBT crowd. That's why I have to go back to Bzerneleg so fast. And if I don't go back, the liberals are gonna make the Republican Party look like some kind of extremist party and the midterms are coming up too. If I can't solve this, I'm in big trouble.

SECRETARY RASMUSSEN: Well that's crazy. You know back in the beaches of Normandie where I come from, the craziest thing I ever see is a whole bunch of nudists throwing a party on a boat in the middle of the water.

PRESIDENT BLYTHE: *laughs* That makes me wanna visit your hometown at least once before I depart this planet. *laughs*

SECRETARY RASMUSSEN: And by the way, the Valkyrians are having the Day of the Valkyries on November 15th. I want to confirm that you will be with our delegation to their country so my assistant can sort things out.

PRESIDENT BLYTHE: Yeah, I'm going there. We'll let Frank (Vice President Francis Underwood) stay here just in case something happens. That visit is an important one, both politically and strategically, I want you and Joe (Secretary of Defense Joseph Irving) to go with me.

SECRETARY RASMUSSEN: I'll let them know as soon as possible, sir. Have a good day, Mr. President.

PRESIDENT BLYTHE: You too, David.

BZERNE DELEGATION TO THE DAY OF THE VALKYRIES

The Right Honourable Donald Benjamin Blythe II
President of the Republic of Bzerneleg

Mrs. Lauren Elliott Blythe
First Lady of the Republic of Bzerneleg

The Honourable David Quentin Rasmussen
Secretary of State

The Honourable Joseph Richard Irving
Secretary of Defense

The Honourable Kathleen Merrill Wynen
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Bzerneleg to the Valkyrian Republic of Qvait

The Honourable Theodore Francis Sorenson III
Chief of the Defence Staff

The Right Honourable Catherine Delano Blanco
Former President of the Republic of Bzerneleg and Delegation Guest

The Right Honourable Matilda Stafford Buckley
Former Vice President of the Republic of Bzerneleg and Delegation Guest
[Image: VCUpXJI.png1]

BZERNELEG 

South Pacifican. Public Servant. Creator. In that order.

Official Thread • Lampshade Broadcasting Company • The Tsunamy Institution of the Law and Public Policy

[-] The following 1 user Likes Bzerneleg's post:
  • Jay Coop

Sedunnic dignitaries in attendance:

Hevv Gjieramm, Minister of Foreign Affairs
Johann Mjilu, Ambassador to the Valkyrian Republic
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

[-] The following 1 user Likes Qwert's post:
  • Jay Coop

Serevo-Erinoran dignitaries attending:

Foreign Minister, Ara Varsa-Aro
Ambassador Tacyo tuneo Nyava-Tacyo with his wife, Feolda area Arkhanda-Yeno, and daughters, Ara and Verra Feolda-Tacyo.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
[-] The following 1 user Likes Seraph's post:
  • Jay Coop

Ubessian attendees:

Princess Atryotu Mokana
Satrap Ferwan Rostan

Tekarian attendee:

Prime Minister Thomas Burke
Unity, Order, and Freedom
-Motto of the Republic of Ubesii
The Ever Silent and Anxious Kiwi(Bird) of The South Pacific
[-] The following 1 user Likes Republic of Ubesii's post:
  • Jay Coop

"Welcome your excellencies, to the Valkyrian embassy of Huawan."
"It's a pleasure to see you Doctor Lim, is the embassy alright?"
"We did have quite a gash from the Opposition party and its cronies, but otherwise we see quite warm relations with them. Hopefully it'll carry on in the reformation."
"I hear you've established a small cardiology clinic in the embassy?"
"One must keep the mind sharp senior." Responded Dr. Lim.

Felisia Lim, cardiosurgeon and cardiologist. The reason why The Peony chose this particular doctor was to investigate new shiny methods to increase the cardiology quality in Huawan, and that this particular doctor spends her time more on politics and debating rather than the lab. So in such confusing political weather of Valkyria, she's one that could definitely remember it all.

The Peony came with her delegation. Lady Miss Diao Chan looking at the lovely Valkyrian summer, and Zheng He busying himself with a book on updated naval salvages.

Imperial Military Advisor Young and PAF deputy Rem follow behind The Peony with their shiny gleaming military uniform. It's the first time advisor Young came with the Peonic delegation, his role is much restricted behind the Peonic border, but he didn't complain, there is a massive amount of military reformations ever since The Peony came along, something that was rare after The Peony's mother's massive slashing on military funding. With Valkyria wanting to establish an express connection militarily, he suppose he needs to answer the Valkyrian MoMA. Rem has briefed advisor Young on the little things and his job is to decide the big ones.

Darach, Caitlin and Doctor Kane are still going around Valkyria to check the clandestine source for the operation, and will see The Peonic delegation shortly. The parade became the perfect camouflage for it. As for Doctor D.Valentine, she's en route to Valkyria from Aweiqinna, after helping the draft on the Tuberculosis edict.

"I guess it is time for us to leave for the palace?" Asked The Peony to Doctor Lim.
"Of course, my dignitaries are waiting for the Valkyrian preparations. We won't want to go there too early don't we?" Responded Doctor Lim.
"Not late and not early, right on time." Recalled The Peony
"I believe you were the one that taught me that, senior." Said Doctor Lim.

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

(OOC: Due to college, I won't be able to initiate this RP event until after 18 November. However, the RP event will still be held on 15 November.)

My History

(So with your chancellor shot, I assume we wont be having the parade?)

- Doraemon

(There will be a parade, just not now.)

My History