We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Great Aryyt't Play

OOC note: This is basically part two of the Treecuu Way Smile

A few weeks after the surrender
Yim III/Aryyt't, somewhere in the lower levels of a hospital in the Aryyt't capital

"This is the way back to the surface, Chairman. And mind your head." Governor Looth did his best to be extra attentive.

"They are indeed short. Or would low describe them better?" noted chairman of the Committee for the Expansion of the Empire, Tham.

"Speaking of them... Chairman, if you don't mind, did you notice any difference between the two... specimen we just met?"

"Difference? Well, the one to the left had longer hair, and a slightly red shade. Nothing special for their species. Why?"

"But they were otherwise..." Loot was clearly excited "... similar in appearance and behaviour?"

"Yes. What are you implying?"

"In fact, Chairman, the one with the shorter hair was an android."

Tham stood still and faced Looth.

"That is quite an achievement, indeed. So we will not use the Aryyt't 'actors'?"

"Only those we trust the most to do their job."

"Well done, Governor" noted Tham as he started walking again. Looth quickly rejoined him at his right side. "Now, let us greet Teemas and the Emperor, they should be in orbit now. And Governor, get rid of the excessive props, will you?"
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

[-] The following 1 user Likes Qwert's post:
  • Pax Dracon

Imperator-class Dreadnought DSV Talon of Io
1100 shipboard time
Warp Space transit approaching the Aryyt't homeworld

Emperor Julianus sighed contentedly as he leaned back into the admittedly comfortable chair in his personal cabin, nursing a mug of caf in his claws as he offered another to his traveling companion.  "So, Emissary, what do you think of the voyage so far?  Has Warp Space made any lasting impressions on you?"

The red-scaled behemoth motioned to the heavily-shielded viewport not far from the chair and table, the dimensional void beyond it twisting and flashing across the visual spectrum of light, to the unusual patterns that appeared and vanished in an instant.

"Quite enjoyable so far, Emperor" smiled Teemas. "I still find myself gazing at the void some times, lost in thought. But I have not experienced any unpleasant side effects. I have to say that it is these moments that are the true reward for all those years at the university and the following hard work in the Diplomatic Corps.

How about you, Emperor, are do You feel any effects from the void?"
Roleplayer
Roleplay moderator

"None so far.  The shielding seems to be holding strong thus far, though some of the crew are understandably nervous.  A few of the engineers have been spending time in the ship's chapel to pray for the shielding to hold, but I have full confidence in their talents."

The Emperor smiled softly as he sipped his drink.  "I must say I've rather enjoyed your company during this voyage, Teemas.  It's nice to simply chat with a guest and not worry too much about matters of state."

"Likewise, Emperor. When the Aryyt't issue has been fully resolved, and I am sure it will be very soon, I hope we can return your wonderful hospitality. Our President, Cuul, would like to invite you to the capital to celebrate our new friendship."
Roleplayer
Roleplay moderator

"I would greatly appreciate a meeting with your head of state, Teemas.  A dismissal of any potential worries between our nations would go a long way to establishing the start of a new age of trade and exploration between our peoples."

A small chime went off on a console attached to the table, prompting the Emperor to tap on it and cause a holographic projection of a Drakari in formal attire appear.  "Yes, Captain?"

The officer bowed slightly before speaking.  "A thousand pardons if I am interrupting you, Your Imperial Majesty, but I thought it best to inform you that we are nearing our destination and will be exiting Warp Space soon."  One of the Emperor's guards from the palace, this one a Human, let out a sigh of relief upon hearing that.  "Thank God... I was starting to hear scratching inside my skull..."

"Ah... thank you, Captain.  What say you, Emissary?  Ready to see what today has in store for us?"

Remote Fleet Ship (RFS) Vaan Candacteec in orbit of Yim III/Aryyt't

To the untrained eye the RFS Vaan Candacteec didn't look any different from the other common Yootuu-class cruisers. What set the flagship of the Remote Fleet apart from the rest was mainly slightly larger warp nacelles and a larger communications dome, and of course a more luxurious interior. Governor Looth had been aboard several times over the last weeks, but this would likely be the last time, at least for the foreseeable future.

Watching the shuttle with the Emperor and that diplomat Teemas making its final manouvres towards the RFS Vaan Candacteec from the Grand Observation Lounge, Looth pushed a button on a device on his wrist.

"Action!" He almost smiled as he set in motion what they jokingly called Operation the Great Aryyt't Play.

On a carefully select spot on the planet facing away from the sun light, there was a white flash. Only a very high-yield explosion would be possible to observe at such a distance, and would hopefully be noticed on the Emperor's shuttle too. Only a few moments later one of the frigates nearby launched a barrage of guide missiles towards the planet's surface.

Now he hoped Teemas would remember her lines.
Roleplayer
Roleplay moderator

Royal Flagship DSV Talon of Io, three minutes prior

The dreadnought and it's crew certainly had a flair for the dramatic as they exited Warp Space, the portal lingering open just long enough for the occupying fleet to take a look inside it before it closed, leaving no sign of the wrinkle it left in spacetime.  Despite the massive, heavily armed vessel's sudden appearance in the system, the Emperor was true to his word desiring peaceful relations, the only action of the crew being that of bringing the ship into orbit.

As the Emperor's shuttle departed the ship's hangar bay, the sudden discharge of starship-grade weapons in orbit and on the surface sent the crew of the Talon into a borderline frenzy.  "Weapons fire!"  "Preparing intercept course!"  "Calculating trajectory!"  "Your Majesty, you may be in danger!  Return to the ship immedi-!"

"SILENCE!"  Julianus practically roared into the shuttle commlink.  "All hands aboard the Talon of Io, stand down.  Lieutenant, open a holochannel to the local command ship."

"...yes, Your Imperial Majesty.  Hailing occupation fleet now."

Nodding, Julianus turned his head towards Teemas.  "Emissary, care to explain?"

While she had received communication outlining the basics of Operation the Great Aryyt't Play, Teemas didn't know exactly what stunts Governor Looth would pull, but this was one of them for sure.

"I am not sure," she answered genuinely surprised, "but it looks like someone detonated an antimatter device on the surface. The barrage from our fleet has likely eliminated those behind it."

The guided missiles soon hit their target with extreme precision. The first missile hit a small ventilation shaft on a small abandoned Aryyt't bunker, the second eliminated the entrance gates, both allowing the third to take out the whole bunker. A phony Aryyt't terrorist cell had been eliminated.

"I am sorry that this happened without warning, Emperor. Governor Looth will explain what happened on the surface."
Roleplayer
Roleplay moderator

The Emperor nodded and turned his gaze towards the smoldering site of the detonation on the planet below. Hiding his concern behind a practiced smile, he spoke with a clear and authoritative voice into the commlink.

"This is Emperor Julianus VII hailing Governor Looth of the Treecuu Star Empire. What is your status?"

The pilot grimaced as she drew closer, listening to her liege speak. "I've got a bad feeling about this.. " she muttered in her native tongue.