We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[Debate] Accession of the Republic of Carta-Agot & Marano as Members

Dear Ambassadors,

following application reached me in the last few hours:
(01-27-2020, 06:33 PM)Dillguy9 Wrote: Full name of state: The Dual Representative Republic of the Lands of the Noble Cartas and the Holy Maz of the Agots in Perfect Union with Representation from the City-States of the Marano Coast (or simply "The Dual Republic of Carta & Agot"/"The Republic of Carta-Agot & Marano")
Two-letter country code: CA
Three-letter country code: CAM
Head of state: Consuls Charles Buckwheat (Carta) + Keli Anagona (Agot); Doge Adriana Adesso (Marano)
Head of government: The Council of Elders (Oligarchs)
Potential World Forum representative: Giorgio De Palma
Proposed status of state in World Forum: Member

According to Resolution 2, Section D I'll give you five days time to vote with Aye, Nay or Abstain (until 3 February 2020, 19:45 GMT) on whether to grant membership status to The Republic of Carta-Agot and Marano.

GI-Land votes Aye.

Christian Strunk
Speaker of the Assembly
Ambassador of the Federal Republic of GI-Land
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

The DRHG abstains. They cite internal power struggles within the country as a problem for their ascension as a full member. Intervention may be a possibility if the tensions do not cool down. They suggest observer for right now.
DylanPickle-

Owner of Harmakmis-Gordista and Carta-Agot

Legislator

A Cannibal of Pickles

While it is our ambition to include all nations of Pacifica regardless of ideology and source of power, at this time we will have to argue against granting membership to such an unstable nation with internal power struggles.

Sedunn votes nay.

Tavtid Lekmienn
Kingdom of Sedunn
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

The Hystaigan delegation would like to point out that our nation is being invaded by a hostile foreign aggressor, yet both this delegation and the warmonger among us are members of the World Forum. With this in mind, Hystaiga votes aye.

Ezi Inglee
Ambassador to the World Forum
The Union of Hystaiga

The Valkyrian delegation still asks why a terrorist state is still a member of the World Forum. They do not deserve to sit in this chamber. For whatever reason, the World Forum has allowed Hystaiga to remain a member of this organisation, which we find to be unacceptable. Valkyria votes nay.

Damian Hager
Ambassador to the World Forum
The Valkyrian Republic
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

FiHami votes aye, considering that the world forum accepted FiHami when we were fresh from our own revolution.
[-] The following 1 user Likes phoenixofthesun14's post:
  • GI-Land

Eggraria wishes to remind nations that the World Forum's goal is to promote peace and stability, and in deciding to bar a nation from an agreeable position within this organization may inadvertently result in more international problems. Seeing as our Secular Republic is currently in civil armed conflict over the issue of foreign intervention, the sovereignty of the Eggrarian government wishes to express its support for the membership of Carta-Agot.
~~Rose~~
You may know me as Eggraria!
Roleplayer and Writer

Minister of Culture
Legislator

Office of WA Legislation Staff
Roleplayer - the State of Eggraria

Citizen of The South Pacific above all else.

[-] The following 1 user Likes rosaferri's post:
  • GI-Land

Erinor & Sereva votes Nay.

Whilst it is important for this organisation to do so it can to help bring peace and stability to Carta-Agot, it is not appropriate to accept for membership a nation today which might prove a very different nation in the morning. Once stability had been restored a new application would be welcomed.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

If this vote fails, the council will recommend for Carta-Agot & Marano to apply for an observer status. In the meantime, I (Lorenzo) suggest we send a peacekeeping force.
DylanPickle-

Owner of Harmakmis-Gordista and Carta-Agot

Legislator

A Cannibal of Pickles

Beepee shakes "Nay"....

Carta-Agot & Marano did not get granted membership with a 3-4-1 vote deciding against the application.

Christian Strunk
Speaker of the Assembly
Ambassador of the Federal Republic of GI-Land
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)