We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

GDP Survey

I may end up making a spreadsheet ranking the economies of Pacifica. Discord RP isn’t that active so I’ve moved the discussion to here.

The Federal Republic of Fauderland: $3,703,247,100,000
The Confederation of Sorbkraia: $1,100,035,500,000

At the moment I have had only figured out the economy of GI-Land yet.
GI-Land's GDP is - at the moment - at around 700 billion (700,000,000,000) TSP-dollars a year.
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

FiHami GDP- F290,000,000 (about US $29,000,000)
GDP per Capita- F20,080 ($2,080) (average household income is F320,000 a year ($32,000/yr)
income tax rate- 6.5%

All figures are nominal and in real-life US-Dollars

Sedunn (2019):

Total: $801.142 billion
Per capita: $50,790

Transsuneria (2019):

Total: $5.3 billion
Per capita: $4,874
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

http://nseconomy.thirdgeek.com I suggest using this website to figure out your numbers. It also contains currency exchange rates with the US Dollar too!

Bzerneleg (2019)

GDP: US$1,458,801,000,000
GDP per capita: US$ 261,715

The GDP displayed in NS for my nation was 893.453 trillion Francs, however I thought that was too unrealistic, so I slashed it into 893.453 billion Francs. Then I multiply it by 1.8590 (exchange rate from Bzerne Franc to US Dollar) and it becoms US$1,458,801,000,000.

Slashing the GDP also means slashing the population. My current NS population is 5,570,000,000. I slashed it to 5,570,000 (divide by 1000, same as GDP).
[Image: VCUpXJI.png1]

BZERNELEG 

South Pacifican. Public Servant. Creator. In that order.

Official Thread • Lampshade Broadcasting Company • The Tsunamy Institution of the Law and Public Policy

I sort of chose my population and GDP in my head based on my older nations and tried to make it reasonable. I’m not sure if there’s a limit but I actually decreased Fauderland’s population because I was told it wasn’t as big of an area but things could change.

Currently I have my population and per capita stats around

Fauderland
$53,100 per capita

Sorbkraia
$39,500 per capita

As for me, I'm not using the NS-stats at all, because they're unrealistic. Also you can't just slash them in however way you want, if you want to have the stuff congruent to our map.
As for the inhabitants I originally had something like 98 million, which we cut down to ~30 million (I don't know anymore, who "we" was. I think, Resentine played a role here, if I remember correctly ^^), because that was a good compromise between my area on the map and my wish to be a heavily populated/urbanised country (average population density is at 491.22 people/km²).

As for the GDP I figured it out with the help of Qwert, when I also needed to figure out my military. What we basically did was looking at the numbers of the real world, looking for some country/countries similar to mine in mentioned aspects like area, population and population density etc. and then finding some middle ground.
My country's RL-equivalents would be the Netherlands. We chose to tone down the economic numbers a little bit though, which gives me room to improve my economy also a little and to make my GDP grow reasonably.
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)
[-] The following 3 users Like GI-Land's post:
  • Bzerneleg, Jay Coop, Rebeltopia

I measured Bzerneleg's area and it was around 260,000 km2.
[Image: VCUpXJI.png1]

BZERNELEG 

South Pacifican. Public Servant. Creator. In that order.

Official Thread • Lampshade Broadcasting Company • The Tsunamy Institution of the Law and Public Policy

I agree with GI, NS stats are useless for RP; comparison with RL countries is the best way to produce realistic parameters.

Plot sizes were all listed in this thread: https://tspforums.xyz/thread-46.html?hig...=plot+size
Brother Unclepear
Dear Leader of the Voodoo People's Republic of Bruuma

Representing also

El Pollo Diablo
Boss Maximo of the Estado Libre Asociado of Puerto Pollo

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Chairman Lo Pol
Core Leader of the People's Republic of Kai Fa
[-] The following 4 users Like VPRB's post:
  • Bzerneleg, GI-Land, Jay Coop, Rebeltopia

Combining the land area of plots 64 and 124, Valkyria would be 312,012 km2 with a population of 61 million people. Italy is about right for plot 64 (Qvait) alone, which would be a GDP (PPP) of $2.442 trillion ($40,206 per capita). As for plot 124 (Winston Island), it would be comparable to Luxembourg with a nominal GDP of $77.436 billion ($125,364 per capita). Winston Island is where many Valkyrians hope to spend their retirement.

EDIT:
For those who wish to compare their land area with RL countries.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co...es_by_area
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 3 users Like Jay Coop's post:
  • Bzerneleg, GI-Land, Rebeltopia