We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[Debate] [IC] Resolution to call for the trial of Izaakia and Rhayna - Nov. 2021

My fellow esteemed delegates to the Assembly,

As advised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs today, I am introducing another proposal to this high house, this time on the topic of calling for a trial against the countries of Izaakia and Rhayna, as my fellow delegates find that suspending these two countries may not be the best decision in the long run. I have already stated my points in my resolution to suspend the membership of the United States of Izaakia and the United Provinces of Rhayna, Alla-gy and Nea-gy, however for those who have not been briefed on this topic, and since I am also recommended to state all my arguments in this resolution, I shall reiterate it.

On the 10th of October, the Speaker of the Assembly, Noor Aqaba put the Esfalsan proposition on the issue with Nicholas and Great Britain to a vote. The results were overwhelming for the proposition with only 2 nays and 1 abstention, with Izaakia, and Rhayna especially voting aye. However, within this voting period, the United States of Izaakia circumvented this proposition, which was meant to provide a way to enforce the condemnation of the Communist Empire of Nicholas and Great Britain without going to war as proposed by the Izaakian delegate, by declaring war on Nicholas and Great Britain on the 2nd of November. Soon after, the United Provinces of Rhayna, Alla-gy and Nea-gy also declared war against Nicholas and Great Britain on the 4th of November. Soon after, many assaults have been made on Nicholas and Great British territory, including one which endangered the head of state of a non-belligerent, the Honourable King of Sedunn, Vimmru II.

These gross imperialist tendencies are fabricated with the excuses of "human rights" and the "liberation of the Romodorian people", and even though I have no support for the Communist Empire of Nicholas and Great Britain whatsoever, even their genocide against the Romodorians, as shown in my appeal to this high house on the 8th of September. I'm also reiterating that I am angered when countries part of the World Forum who vote for a resolution for peace currently decide to circumvent it entirely and go to war, plunging the surrounding region into chaos and depression, which would be a clear sign that this Forum is useless and merely a convention and might as well be dissolved. However, since the International Court exists, and since Izaakia and Rhayna have not been suspended yet, which would make it more easier to bring a case against them, it is possible to bring justice on crooks who deceive and cheat the international community at everyone but them's expense.

I find the tenet in the World Forum charter to be violated by these two Governments;

The Charter Wrote:Charter, Art. 1, Sec. A, No. 1
The purpose of the World Forum shall be to maintain peace, order, and stability in the world. The member states of the World Forum shall take collective action to ensure that all threats to the peace, order, or stability among them are suppressed.

Therefore, I would like to request the ability to open a vote on a call to trial the Governments of the United States of Izaakia and the United Provinces of Rhayna, Alla-gy and Nea-gy under Res. 1b, Sec. B, No. 1a of the Constitution of the International Court.

Thank you for listening.

Celetol Ethelineda
Ambassador to the World Forum
Department of Besernian Missions - World Forum
Federal Republic of Besern
[Image: UFog2ZY.png]

Messages In This Thread
[Debate] [IC] Resolution to call for the trial of Izaakia and Rhayna - Nov. 2021 - by Besern - 11-14-2021, 08:35 AM