We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[Debate] [IC] Resolution to suspend the nations of Izaakia, Rhayna - Nov. 2021

My fellow esteemed delegates of the Assembly,

On the 10th of October, the Speaker of the Assembly, Noor Aqaba put the Esfalsan proposition on the issue with Nicholas and Great Britain to a vote. The results were overwhelming for the proposition with only 2 nays and 1 abstention, with Izaakia, and Rhayna especially voting aye. However, within this voting period, the United States of Izaakia circumvented this proposition, which was meant to provide a way to enforce the condemnation of the Communist Empire of Nicholas and Great Britain without going to war as proposed by the Izaakian delegate, by declaring war on Nicholas and Great Britain on the 2nd of November. Soon after, the United Provinces of Rhayna, Alla-gy and Nea-gy also declared war against Nicholas and Great Britain on the 4th of November. Soon after, many assaults have been made on Nicholas and Great British territory, with the most recent strikes being from Izaakia with a naval battle on the southern coast of Nicholas and Great Britain.

All of this, mind you, is under the name of "human rights" and the "liberation of the Romodorian people", although they are acting in actuality in their own shared interests; to overthrow Nicholas and Great Britain's government, and I know that, I can understand. Even though I have already stated my condemnation against the Communist Empire of Nicholas and Great Britain as said before in my appeal to the chamber on the 8th of September, and even though I do not support Nicholas and Great Britain or the Romodorian genocide in any shape of form, and I get it that it is a ticking time bomb, I am angered when the World Forum is scoffed aside as some kind of suggestion bulletin, where anyone can do whatever they want and not abide to any resolution, go to war whenever you want while ignoring a simple resolution stating you should not plunge many surrounding countries into suffering through no fault of own, and the region altogether into war immediately. Then we might as well dissolve the World Forum for god's sake.

I apologize to the Honourable Speaker and the Honourable Assembly for acting in a way that would be borderline unparliamentary. I may be wrong. However, I still think it is worthy enough to hold this debate regardless.

I find the tenet that these member states are in violation are in the following;
The Charter Wrote:ARTICLE I, §A.1
The purpose of the World Forum shall be to maintain peace, order, and stability in the world. The member states of the World Forum shall take collective action to ensure that all threats to the peace, order, or stability among them are suppressed.

This resolution I am proposing relates to the following sections of the Charter of the World Forum;

The Charter Wrote:ARTICLE I, §A.1
The purpose of the World Forum shall be to maintain peace, order, and stability in the world. The member states of the World Forum shall take collective action to ensure that all threats to the peace, order, or stability among them are suppressed.

ARTICLE I, §B.3
The World Forum shall monitor the fulfilment of adopted agreements and suggest new issues to be brought up before the assembled nations.

I hereby ask to open a vote on the suspension of the membership of Izaakia and Rhayna in accordance to the Charter of the World Forum, ARTICLE III, SECTION B.

Again, I sincerely apologize to the Speaker and the Assembly for being borderline unparliamentary. Thank you for listening.

Celetol Ethelineda
Ambassador to the World Forum
Department of Besernian Missions - World Forum
Federal Republic of Besern
[Image: UFog2ZY.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Besern's post:
  • GI-Land, Pronoun

Ambassador Ethelineda,

it is nice to hear, that Besern has also noticed, that we need to do something against imperialist tendencies as well as something against the ridiculing of this high house by the mentioned member states. However the suspension of a member state, and this might be, because this case would be a precedent and wasn't sufficiently molded into a resolution yet, would leave the WF with less multilateral instruments against its members than before.
Right now, we can show symbolism through voting out Aqaba as Speaker, and if we deem a member's actions as going against the charter, we can file a case at the International Court. Due to the problems mentioned above, this would not be as easily possible anymore, if we suspend the membership of those countries. This is why from a Gianlucian standpoint, we are not entirey sure yet, whether we can second and vote in favour of this proposal or not.

Helene Meise
Ambassador of the Federal Republic of GI-Land
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

Esteemed members of the World Forum,
Ambassador Ethelineda,

we understand the issues presented by Besern and we welcome the will to solve them. Let's not fool ourselves, the United States of Izaakia have never had any thoughts about human rights, peace and security of the Romordian people. We agree, the crimes done by the government of N&GB are unhuman and need to be tackled head on. But this war, this suffering people now must go through stains the goals of this very institution. Let us remember that the World Forum was established to stand against what we are now seeing in Izaakia and N&GB. To stand against war, against the useless suffering because of it. This high institution was then circumvented by the very nation which ratified the charter of the World Forum. 
We welcome the the will but we mustn't forget the consequences. An exuplsion of these states would possibly destabilise the region even further and could lead to further chaos. We understand Besern's will to action and the solutions presented but we share the carefullnes of our friend GI-Land. 
We mustn't forget that the goal for which we are all sitting here today is to acheive peace, securtiy and prosperity through all of our countries. 
Eflad therefore seconds the thoughts of GI-Land to vote Aqaba out of the Office of the Speaker to the World Forum but further more we suggest canging the status of Izaakia and Rhayna from members to observers so that we still have multilateral instruments, so that we still have the possibility to challenge their actions infront of the International Court. 

Thank you!

Dr. Lina Frere,
Ambassador for the Technocratic Republic of Eflad
Republic of Eflad

Esteemed delegates,

Esfalsa believes that it has already made its position on this matter clear in previous statements. As such, I will endeavor to keep my remarks brief.

It is clear that the actions of Izaakia and of the UPRAN contradict core tenets of the Charter. However, that Charter gives us the means with which to respond. As noted by the Ambassador from Eflad, a suspension of membership would, effectively, relegate Izaakia and the UPRAN to observer status; Article III, Section B of the charter provides only for the suspension of membership privileges. Taking action instead against an Izaakian diplomat, however high-ranking in this Assembly, would trivialize the actions of an entire government in casting aside the principles of the World Forum. Worse yet, it completely neglects the role played by the UPRAN which, despite the chance to second the Izaakian resolution authorizing direct use of force against Nicholas and Great Britain, instead chose to show its true colors by joining Izaakia in circumventing this Forum entirely.

At this present time, Esfalsa will not second this motion on account of the uncertainty of the Gianlucian position, and the position of other states that would support a resolution to remove Speaker Aqaba, especially in light of the two-thirds threshold required for this vote. However, seeing as the debate on that resolution has not revealed significant support for Speaker Aqaba's removal, Esfalsa urges its fellow member states to support this resolution to suspend the membership privileges of Izaakia and the UPRAN.

Robert Sontheimer
Esfalsan Representative to the World Forum
[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]