We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[OOC] Pacivision Song Contest 2022

[Image: 7u6yrIO.png]
Welcome to Gralois, Pacifica! For the 2nd Pacivision song contest.
OOC POST
Last Contest | IC POST | Wiki page
Pacivision – This is a music show broadcasted to millions of households all around Pacifica. Based on the Eurovision Song Contest.
How to Participate?
This year there will be some rule changes, last year has not gone as we hoped. We'll be increasing participation by RPers. Pacivision will now include RP of your entries like in the Worldvision Song Contest. While you don't really have to RP, it will be considered when judging the entries.

To sign up, please post here with the information needed;

Code:
[b]Country:[/b]

[b]Song/Title:[/b] [Please link the Song before the song submission deadline] [If in another language, please provide the title’s translation into Austral]
[b]Language:[/b]
[b]Artist(s)/Performer(s):[/b] [No more than Six]
[b]Songwritters:[/b] [If applicable]

[b]Broadcaster:[/b]
[b]Commentator(s):[/b] [People who give additional information before the song] [If your country's native language isn't Austral or have more than one native language, feel free to put in more than one]
[b]Spokesperson(s):[/b] [Jury points announcer]
Feel free to put it in a spoiler. Most of this will be put in the wiki and the postcard.
Timeline
Signup Ends and Song Submission Ends: 31st of January 00:00 GMT
IC Post Up: 28th of February
Deadline for Entries: Out of the Window
Voting Begins: *Glass braking sounds*
Voting Ends: I'll still be DMing you guys.
What do I do in the IC post?
The IC post will be up on the day of the show, while waiting you could prepare your entry. After the first post, you'll be able to post your entry there immediately. But please be aware of your order of appearance which would be posted here after the allocation draw.

How to write an entry?
There's no correct way to RP in this. Just think of it as what you could do. As much or as little as you want to. But it should include at least the stage ready graphic, the song, and the lyrics. Also, if you want to add any pictures and graphics, you can.

Postcard
During the allocation draw, the location of the postcards will be drawn too. Here, you can Imagine that the artists are doing anything. But mostly the Commentator will be giving additional information here.
Stage Ready!
Order and Song Information (Stage Ready Graphic)
Here you'll put in a graphic made by me which will display the order, country of origin, title, artist(s), and songwriters. I will be DMing you the graphic after the song is approved and checked that it doesn't break any rules. Speaking of "songs" and "rules"...

The Song, the Lyrics, and the Performance.
While you could just put in the song and lyrics and call it a day but what's the fun in that. Let's add some of the Artist's feelings and their performance.
The Example isn't that great but you get the gist.

What if I'm not ready to post yet?
If the IC post is up and you're the one who needs to post next, put in a placeholder/reserve it instead. And let the others post. But make sure you put in your performance before Voting begins or you'll be Null points. (Disqualified: All your public votes are nulled and the jury vote is changed)

What about the other stuff?
About the green room and voting will be announced later to make sure that someone won't post it before it was supposed to be posted. So it will be posted before the interval acts.

Also, if asked to change your post please do so as the post might include something not canon in Pacifica.

I might delay or even cancel something during this RP, so let me apologize in advance.

If there are any questions, please ask them here or on Discord
Good luck, have fun and get creative!
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO PUT HERE
[-] The following 5 users Like Tin the Free's post:
  • Beepee, Besern, GI-Land, Izaakia, Qwert

[You can lock your spoiler too, by using the same name for the spoiler. If you know how to bypass this, go ahead! You've been warned. Anyways, here's the not locked one to be a guide.]

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO PUT HERE

Song/Title: Onbezonnen (Reckless)
Language: Friean [IRL: Dutch]
Artist(s)/Performer(s): Frauke Westra
Songwritters: Frauke Westra, Paul Hinder

Broadcaster: BUS TV
Commentator(s): Günther Lesch
Spokesperson(s): Lukas Rahgen (host from last year)

Song/Title: Queen of Larasin
Language: Austral
Artist(s)/Performer(s): Rio Kaff (accompanied with two "foreground" female dancers and three male background dancers)
Songwritters: Rio Kaff, Matthew Sturridge

Broadcaster: STV
Commentator(s): Evva Zela
Spokesperson(s): Lika Vahê (participant of last year)
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

Gianni: “Izaakia, I hate you so much. You’re such a good bad guy. Must be because of your genes“.
Gianni, 21:42 14 Dec 2020, # Pacifica Discussion

Sedunn and Transsuneria

Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

Hope I'm not too late....

Song/Title: Shine (To the tune of Julian Reim - "Euphorie") https://youtu.be/KUrp0yEuYeI
Language: English
Artist(s)/Performer(s): Teddy Behr
Songwritters: Otto Tune

Broadcaster: Beepeean Occasional News Corporation (BONC)
Commentator(s): Sam Ping
Spokesperson(s): Bob Uppen-Downe

Song/Title: Tej lekcrad ('The lecture' in Boudican)
Language: Boudican, Besernian
Artist(s)/Performer(s): Rudolf Schuster (Studio 90), Raban Klossner, Amal Siegel, Warin Schmitz​​​​​​​, Wendell Frei
Songwriters: Rudolf Schuster (Studio 90)

Broadcaster: BBS (Legal name: Bersches Rundfunkservice npGB registered in Brient)
Commentator(s): Magda Langer, Korbinian Weimann
Spokesperson(s): Albrecht Waltz
[Image: UFog2ZY.png]

Song/Title: Nada sousou* (Tears flow endlessly) ( Natsukawa) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQtFsu3G9f0 [Ryoko's version] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXho3NK2CDw&t=71s
Nada Sousou Ka Nohona Pili Kai* (Tears flow endlessly & The Living by the Sea Duet) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZg8B1n0FKs 
Language: Hinomoto
Artist(s)/Performer(s): Mei Natsukawa (& Kevin "Kay" Shinano) [Aki Ryoko]
Songwritters: Rin Moriyama, Ryoko Reichal 
Broadcaster: Ken Morioka
Commentator(s): Heiji Kawamatsu, Rimi Harukawa
Spokesperson(s): Shou Hino

*Important notes:
I've thought about altering the names of the songs, but their RL title is appropriate for the context within the Frost Empire's history with the Reizen civil war, so I've decided to keep it while altering the singer's names. I'm also still deciding on which version to use for the actual event so only one of these will be used on the actual event.
Just call me Frost

Roleplayer,
Former member of the Pool of Justices

King of the Hill

[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]

OOC: On behalf of the Arnchow Project (Consists of @Izaakia, @Besern, and @Hammerstar)

Song/Title: 今昔愛信 (Timeless)
Language: Austral, Mandarin, Malay
Artist(s)/Performer(s): The Workshop (Sun Ching-wen, Yin Chun-qing)
Songwriters: Sun Ching-wen

Broadcaster: RTA (Radio Television Arnchow)
Commentator(s): Huang Shun-kai, Nathanael Sianturi
Spokesperson(s): Chiang Su-fen, Hendri Iman Setiawan, Stephen Ching Hsu-ping