We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[OOC] Concordia Entente

This is the discussion thread for setting up the Concordia Entente. Original thread: https://tspforums.xyz/thread-8929.html.

A basic wiki article has been set up: https://wiki.tspforums.xyz/wiki/Concordi...(Pacifica).

Should we decide on the locations of the HQs? Then we should appoint a secretary general or similar, that among other things, should apply for observership at the WF. I'd also suggest a joint military exercise to start the integration of the armed forces.

Also, do we want a logo/flag and a motto?
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

[-] The following 1 user Likes Qwert's post:
  • Imperial Frost Federation

The city of Ikireijin, Reizen, Frost Empire, is a viable option to host the headquarters of the Concordia Entente now that the referendum and negotiations ended amicably with Reizen achieving greater role in Imperial Frost politics. The City was the General Headquarters of the Reizen Civil War and can save funds for the organization as a whole since the infrastructure is already there. I also agree that there should be a joint military exercises to facilitate better cooperation between members. 

If we are nominating candidates I would like to nominate Sedunn, Gi-Land, Anserisa, Stoinia, and Transsuneria to be the first secretary general/or equivalent like Supreme Commander of Entente forces.
Just call me Frost

Roleplayer,
Former member of the Pool of Justices

King of the Hill

I'm sorry, I need to open up that discussion again, but what is the HQ mainly for? What does it do in peace times, what does it do during crisis or in the event of a war against one of our members?
Depending on that, I'd either second the nomination of Ikireijin or suggest another location.
I'm in favour of a joint military exercise. We might want to conduct it near Transsuneria (because it's "in the middle" and some Gianlucian or Frost ships might be in the area still from our latest mission during the NAGB war in Bailtem) in late March/around Easter Smile

At the same time, I'd already accept the nomination for the secretary general position.
I'd nominate the Frost Empire for the position too though and second the nomination of Anserisa.
How often will that position be elected? Every year? Biannually?
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

In the discussion the purpose of the HQs were to have one for sharing intelligence and surveillance and to plan joint operations. The discussion also said member states would establish a second headquarters for the coordination of the scientific/universities and an HQ for the free trade arbitration process. 

More importantly for the military one, it would house our country's respective military liaisons who would streamline cooperation and coordination between the various militaries of member states. In times of peace they would also plan out joint exercises and promote integration between Entente forces. They would also make sure any expeditionary force has a unified strategy to make sure that member states aren't losing their troops and materials needlessly. 

On a side note, if I agree to accept a nomination for General Secretary/Supreme Commander of the Concordia Entente/ equivalent title and also have the organization's HQ in Ikireijin, then there's the risk that organization would appear to be a Frost dominated organization than one for mutual defense.
Just call me Frost

Roleplayer,
Former member of the Pool of Justices

King of the Hill

I mean, you don't have to accept the nomination and if you accept it, that doesn't mean, you'll be elected. It's your call ^^

Alright, now I understood, what we are talking about. Having three HQs means we could nominate three locations for the HQ...
Then I'd second the nomination of Ikireijin for the "main HQ", suggest Concordia, Anserisa or a city in Stoinia/Sallodesia for the economic HQ and lastly present Freudstadt, GI-Land for the scientific/educational HQ (It already hosts the WF-Committee for Science and Education, which might be an advantage).
We could however also simply nominate up to three cities for a HQ and then distribute each of the HQs to the top 3 that was voted on. Might be an easier voting process.
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

Time to dust off this thread.
Military exercises are fine for both my nations. They'd be more than happy to take a more leading role in the matter if needed.

Nominations:
Stoinia & Sallodesia second the nomination of Ikireijin for the creation of a military HQ.
Stoinia accepts the nomination for the Secretary General/Supreme Commander position.
Stoinia candidate for economic or scientific HQ: Brânșov. (Depending on how we decide to proceed with the choosing)
Sallodesian candidate for economic or scientific HQ: Bulowayo. (Depending on how we decide to proceed with the choosing)
I'd nominate a Sedunnic city to be HQ for economic or scientific means.
Pacifica: MyriaSallodesia, Stoinia • A1-0: Stoinian Star Kingdom • Aurora: Kingdom of Threnebor

Hey, Could I Join?

The Union Armed Forces are made up of 5 different Armed Forces

These are further split into National Armed Forces and Regional Armed Forces

NAF's
-Emeraldian Royal Armed Forces
-Federal Armed Forces of Denver

RArF's
-Ludvillian Defense Force
-Colonial Armed Forces
-Colradian Regional Defense Force

The total amount of servicemen across the UAF is 2.5 Million

We also produce military equipment and vehicles

HQs
Thinking about it, Reizen feels a bit "peripheral" for the main HQ. But it's not necessarily an issue. Most nations are located along a circle, without much at its centre. But Sedunn would accept Reizen if the other nations want it. I like Gianni's suggested nomination/voting system.

Secretary General
For Secretary General I would propose someone from a nation that is used to coordinating large international operations. IIRC that would be the Frost Empire and Sedunn (and Transsuneria to some extent). Perhaps Sedunn, since the big HQ is likely to be in Frost territory?

Logo/flag
Two proposals. Ten stars and a ten-arm star to represent the ten founding members. It also looks like a flower.

[Image: 1hZHOOj.png]

(I made these before Putin's latest invasion so the designs were not made in honour of Ukraine or something.)

New members
I suggest we wait until we have set everything up before discussing new members.
Roleplayer
Roleplay moderator

[-] The following 1 user Likes Qwert's post:
  • GI-Land

Any additional thoughts?
Roleplayer
Roleplay moderator

Personally I like the trident flag proposed by Stoic on the Discord server (in #pacifica-design, 26 February 2022, without the three stripes) the best.
Out of what you created, I like the colour combination blue/white the most. Maybe a brighter dark-blue shade would look a little better?

Otherwise, I have nothing to complain about Happywide
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Aurora Markatt (Maura)