We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] Getting to know each other - GI-Land greets Vimmru II.

GI-Land - Gianluca was proud to be a citizen of this great nation and he was even more proud to be the leader of it, the server of those people.
But there is something still missing: Recognition and reputation by the rest of TSP.
Of course he met some people at the Feast of Light in December in Cirea and he already made out a trade deal with Huawan, but except Yena and the Peony, he didn't really speak to other head of states within TSP or at least, the conversations weren't as deep as with them.

He knew that Erinor and Sedunn had a good relation to one another and Sedunn's foreign minister, Hevv Gjieramm, was a very nice person too.
Maybe it would be worth to talk with the Sedunners next.
How should the Leader reach out?
A letter would be a bit....cold and just taking the next plane to Sedunn and seeking to get a talk with Vimmru would be very rude.
In the end he eventually decided to call him.

"Anna,", Anna, was one of his secretaries, "please call King Vimmru II from Sedunn for me. I wish to talk to him."

"Of course, my Leader", she answered and instantly searched in her documents for the phone number of the sedunnic royalty.
The blonde woman, she was already 38 years old, typed in the number on the telephone and gave the phone to Gianluca.

"Thank you, Anna", he said looking on his watch.

"You only have to press here" - she gestured to a green button - "and you'll be connected to the King."

"Ok, thanks. If you want, you can have a longer break today. We haven't much to do today anyway."

"Thank you very much, my Leader." 
She grabbed her jacket and her bag and left the room.

The Leader sat down in the chair and thought about something to say in the beginning to Vimmru. Maybe impressing him with some Sedunnic at the beginning?
But the risk of making himself looking ridiculous, when pronouncing something wrong or using the wrong words for something hold him back. He better just continue with speaking English. That's the safe side of the medal. Maybe he can practice some Sedunnic for the next time, they'll met.
Will they met however?
He was nervous, you could have felt it, if you would have been in the same room.

He took the phone and got it to his ear and pressed the green button.
*toot...........toooooot.......*

Seconds passed, until someone answered the phone.
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

Vimmru was just back in his office in the western tower of the Great Grovne Palace, when his secretary told him there was a priority call on line 2 from GI-Land. Vimmru picked up the handset.

"Ah, Leader Gianluca. What can I do for you?"
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

"Good day, King Vimmru. Well, since GI-Land wants to show its will for diplomacy and cooperation within TSP, I thought, it wouldn't be a bad idea to call one of the most important leaders in our region and perhaps having a productive talk about our nations and aims, that we want to achieve in the future, where the other one could be helpful, if you understand what I mean."

He took a short break, where Vimmru couldn't have possibly answered.

"Erinor, our neighbor, got good relations to you already, so I do think, it will be possible to build up trust to us too", he said confidently.
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

"Indeed. I agree. Let me again welcome you to the international scene" Vimmru answered. "What made GI-Land decide opening up, and why at his time?"
Roleplayer
Roleplay moderator

"Well, we opened up, because one cannot stop globalisation, right? Plus cultural exchange is ever good and we don't have so much inner political problems anymore, that we have to handle, e.g. this thing with the Atlantics that went on from 2010 until recently. A stable and progressive nation just has to go this step in my opinion, otherwise prosperity isn't possible in the long run. What's your opinion about this?"
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Aurora Markatt (Maura)

"I agree. Globalisation calls for greater involvement in international affairs; either we just fade away, or become part of that change and work for a better world. Of course, benefits for single nations is not the only reason for increased involvement abroad, we need to tackle global issues like global warming as well. The more nations that realise this, the better.

There has been a few attempts over the last years, as you know, to formulate common policies and to commit to change, with limited success. I hope we can renew our attempts."
Roleplayer
Roleplay moderator

"Of course and I'm pretty excited, in which directions the new attempts of the global community will go and how our nations play a role in it."

Gianluca took a sip of a glass of water.

"You had recently agreed with Erinor on some so called ES-standards. That's progressive. Setting such kind of standards in a larger scale would be even more progressive. We support the idea of it, same applies for cooperations of the secret services etc. That brings up another question to my mind: Where do you see Sedunn in 5 years or 10? What are your ambitions?"
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Aurora Markatt (Maura)

"We are moving confidently into the future" Vimmru began, when he realised that that almost sounded like the lyrics of the national anthem and hoped Gianluca wouldn't recognise it. "Over the coming 5 years we anticipate increased international cooperation as well as maintained sensibility to the still rather apparent instability in many nations around the world. We hope to work together with other like-minded nations to be a force for good and contain that instability."

Vimmru's phone beeped. It was line 3 and the King pusched the decline button and continued.

"As a trade and export dependent country, Sedunn will rely on good international relations and good stability along our major trade routes. We will also seek to expand trading to non-traditional areas, where we see GI-Land as a promising future partner." Vimmru paused briefly.

"What are your long-term plans?"
Roleplayer
Roleplay moderator

"Well, we see us as a very progressed and progressive nation. We can totally rely on renewable energies, our transport system is not only well-planned for private use, but for trading as well. I don't know, if you heard about our cooperation with Huawan, but this was our first step to show in which way our both economies could grow together. We've got now a long trading train between our nations and if we can agree with Erinor on some railway tunnel sometime in the future, the duration of the journey will shorten by several days.
Plus we've got a very good educational system and are a center for start-ups. If we really can establish us on the international stage, we could eventually have the potential to be an economic powerhouse, even though our country is not the biggest."

He turned his head away to cough two times (non-sarcastical).

"But to reach all this, I have to lead my country care- and thoughtfully and to do that, I need the support of the Königspalast, our national parliament, and the chancellor. That's why I will put my effort not only in expanding and strengthen our foreign relations this year, but also to win the election with my party again. Unfortunately we lost several percentages in the last months, while some atlantic nationalists gain more and more percentages and the trend doesn't seem to stop. I just hope, it's enough, to be down to earth, hearing the people, being present and let GI-Land look good on the international stage."
Signed
Gianluca IV

TSPedia-Author

Aurora Markatt (Maura)

"Let's hope our emerging relations survive a possible shift, if it comes to that. Regardless, we have a good chance to jump-start it. Luckily for me we got renewed trust for another seven-year term.

Before we move on, could you explain the situation in Atlantis and the circumstances leading to its annexation?"
Roleplayer
Roleplay moderator