We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

IC- FiHami Rising

A young woman clad in traditional Finixian garb sat in a very run-down "office" as police sirens wailed in the distance.  She looked at the cheap off-brand smartphone on her desk, rolling her eyes at the various orders for evacuations on her phone before returning to the parchment on her desk.  A hibiscus flower fell from her thick, curly hair onto the paper.  She brushed it aside gently, picked up her pen, then started writing.

"To nation leaders who bother to read this message:  Thank you, first of all.  I am Empress Phoenix the Unknown, of the nation now known as FiHami.  I wish to talk about trade deals and alliances with you, over tea and traditional Finixian cuisine, next week perhaps.  If you would like to attend, please reply to this letter by this Friday by either calling or sending a letter to Tikiri'i City Hall, as, well, Ha'Hani will probably be 100 meters under lava by the way the science people are telling us to get out.  I speak Finixian and English, so if you know either of those languages, you don't need an interpreter.

Signed,

EMPRESS PHOENIX THE UNKNOWN"

When she finished writing her letter, in both Finixian and English, the young girl stood up.  She walked to the 10 year old copy machine, made a bunch of copies, and put the copies in their own envelopes.  She looked around, noting the hibiscus flowers she dropped on her way to the copy machine.  She picked them up, ripping the pedals off the stem, then put the pedals in each envelope.  As she closed the envelopes, she smiled, thinking of her favorite orange hibiscus tea.  The Empress addressed the envelopes to various nations around the world, then put them in the "Mail To Send" box just outside her door.  The official courier of FiHami picked up the letters 10 minutes later, while Empress Phoenix packed her essential items to take to Tikiri'i City Hall.  With one last nostalgic glance at the office, she sighed, knowing it would be some time before the city was declared "safe" once more.

(OOC- uh I'm really new to this so thank you for reading while I learn the ropes.  Um, I don't really have any plans for this, just kind of a "go with the flow" deal of how nation leaders interact.  Obviously my nation is a new nation, they're small but rapidly developing.  They are very heavily reliant on their religion, which around 90% of the citizens believe whole-heartedly.  The "young woman" in charge is, in fact, 17.  So clearly, no experience in politics.  You can use this information however you would like.)
[-] The following 4 users Like phoenixofthesun14's post:
  • Hammerstar, Imperial Frost Federation, Pax Dracon, Qwert

Re: Head of State Invitation

Honorable Empress Phoenix the Unknown,

Assalamualaikum, Ni Hao!

We have read your invitation and delightfully accepted it, we certainly deem it necessary for us to be acquainted. I shall visit you myself in a form of hospitality alongside several of my delegates.

We are however quite concerned with the activity of Ri-Ha'Fi-nix, and the declaration of emergency your nationstate had recently proclaimed. Our departure to Finixian land shall be made upon the proclamation that your lands are safe.

We are also quite interested in the flower petal you inserted in our envelope, and we have given you a flower petal of our national flower, the Royal Moutan Peony.

We await further confirmation,

Wassalam,

Honorable Nuwang of The Peocracy of Huawan
The Peony, Doctor Yan.
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains
[-] The following 2 users Like Hammerstar's post:
  • phoenixofthesun14, Rebeltopia

Empress Phoenix the Unknown
FiHami

The Commonwealth of Rebeltopia would be honored to start a diplomatic relationship with FiHami. I am a bit worried currently about the volcanic activity within the region, so as soon as it is deemed safe for us to visit, we will set up a time for our meetings. If there is anything that you would like to discuss before our personal meetings, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Signed,

Kathryn O'Connor
Councilor of the Exterior
The Commonwealth of Rebeltopia
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebeltopia's post:
  • phoenixofthesun14

(05-24-2019, 09:07 AM)Hammerstar Wrote:
Re: Head of State Invitation

Honorable Empress Phoenix the Unknown,

Assalamualaikum, Ni Hao!

We have read your invitation and delightfully accepted it, we certainly deem it necessary for us to be acquainted. I shall visit you myself in a form of hospitality alongside several of my delegates.

We are however quite concerned with the activity of Ri-Ha'Fi-nix, and the declaration of emergency your nationstate had recently proclaimed. Our departure to Finixian land shall be made upon the proclamation that your lands are safe.

We are also quite interested in the flower petal you inserted in our envelope, and we have given you a flower petal of our national flower, the Royal Moutan Peony.

We await further confirmation,

Wassalam,

Honorable Nuwang of The Peocracy of Huawan
The Peony, Doctor Yan.

To the honorable Peony Doctor Yan,
The volcanic activity is of ultimate concern to us. Our religious leaders are busy at work praying to the great Phoenix to qualm it's anger. We will be glad to set up a day and time to meet and discuss diplomatic relations.

The flower petal I sent is a symbol of peace and friendship in FiHami. I appreciate the notion to send your national flower to me, it is a very nice flower. I look forward to meeting in person,

Empress Finix the Unknown
[-] The following 2 users Like phoenixofthesun14's post:
  • Hammerstar, Rebeltopia

(05-24-2019, 09:50 AM)Rebeltopia Wrote: Empress Phoenix the Unknown
FiHami

The Commonwealth of Rebeltopia would be honored to start a diplomatic relationship with FiHami. I am a bit worried currently about the volcanic activity within the region, so as soon as it is deemed safe for us to visit, we will set up a time for our meetings. If there is anything that you would like to discuss before our personal meetings, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Signed,

Kathryn O'Connor
Councilor of the Exterior
The Commonwealth of Rebeltopia

To the honored Kathryn O'Connor of Rebeltopia,

Our religious leaders are busy attempting to calm the great Phoenix so our meeting may occur. We will be honored to begin diplomatic relations with you
once volcanic activity has ceased.

Signed,
[-] The following 2 users Like phoenixofthesun14's post:
  • GI-Land, Rebeltopia

[Image: suNaLi2.png]

Government of Sedunn

Grovne
2019-05-24

Response to invitation to FiHami

Imperial Highness Phoenix the Unknown,

First of all, let me congratulate you on FiHami's rapid development and welcome you to the international community of nations. I would be honoured to visit FiHami and discuss trade and future cooperation with Sedunn.

In the meantime, if there is anything Sedunn can do to help combat the effects of the volcanic disaster, please do not hesitate to ask.

With hope for a bright future,

[Image: korl4YC.png]

Vimmru II
King of Sedunn
Roleplayer
Manager of the TSP and A1-0 maps
Roleplay moderator

[-] The following 1 user Likes Qwert's post:
  • Rebeltopia

Empress Phoenix the Unknown of FiHami,

Thew Valkyrian Republic welcomes your country to the international community that is the South Pacific. It would be an honour to be invited to your country to discuss the future of the bilateral relationship between FiHami and Valkyria. Our country is willing to provide humanitarian aid and perhaps even host environmental refugees during your country's volcanic crisis.

Margaret Harrison
Chancellor of the Valkyrian Republic
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

(05-24-2019, 06:05 PM)Qwert Wrote:

[Image: suNaLi2.png]

Government of Sedunn

Grovne
2019-05-24

Response to invitation to FiHami

Imperial Highness Phoenix the Unknown,

First of all, let me congratulate you on FiHami's rapid development and welcome you to the international community of nations. I would be honoured to visit FiHami and discuss trade and future cooperation with Sedunn.

In the meantime, if there is anything Sedunn can do to help combat the effects of the volcanic disaster, please do not hesitate to ask.

With hope for a bright future,

[Image: korl4YC.png]

Vimmru II
King of Sedunn

To the honorable King Vimmru II,

FiHami is very grateful to your kind offer. We have persisted on the island for thousands of years and will continue to persist despite the current impending disaster.
I look forward to meeting with you in the future!

Signed,

(05-24-2019, 06:33 PM)Qvait Wrote: Empress Phoenix the Unknown of FiHami,

Thew Valkyrian Republic welcomes your country to the international community that is the South Pacific. It would be an honour to be invited to your country to discuss the future of the bilateral relationship between FiHami and Valkyria. Our country is willing to provide humanitarian aid and perhaps even host environmental refugees during your country's volcanic crisis.

Margaret Harrison
Chancellor of the Valkyrian Republic

To the honorable Margaret Harrison,

Thank you for your kindness! I remain hopeful that the current issue with the volcano Ri-Ha'Fi'nix amounts to nothing. I look forward to future discussions!

Signed,

Dear Empress,

welcome on the international stage!
GI-Land would be open for talks, but not until the volcanic situation in FiHami hasn't calmed down. As a first step we would like to propose to your nation to open the possibility for us to have an embassy in your country. How and when there's a possibility to talk about certain topics, we could discuss in the near future hopefully.

Best wishes,

Marja Sanddorn
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)