We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Sunshine Act Release: Cabinet business up to February 2022 and other findings

PRESS RELEASE

[Image: cabinet-dispatch.png]

Sunshine Act Release: Cabinet business up to February 2022 and other findings

1 August 2022

Fellow South Pacificans,

In accordance with the Sunshine Act, the Cabinet has declassified and released forum threads and significant Discord discussions from two previous terms between June 2021 and February 2022. In total, 23 forum threads have been released, two of which have been partially redacted. The Cabinet has withheld the release of six forum threads on the grounds that they are either integral to regional security or contain diplomatic conversations.

In the interest of regional security, the #foreign-affairs-council logs from June 2021 to February 2022 will not be published for public consumption. The Cabinet has released significant #cabinet-office discussions occurring in the Witchcraft and Sorcery Cabinet, but no discussion in the HumanSanity I Cabinet was found to be significant to warrant a release.

Statistical inquiry and findings

Leading up to this Sunshine Act release, I took it upon myself to discover Cabinet activity on Discord to track which channels were the busiest and those that were the least. These are my findings. The date range on this inquiry begins in October 2020, which is around the time that the South Pacific moved to a unified Discord server, and ends in June 2022. In Cabinet-level Discord channels, I found that the busiest period was Witchcraft and Sorcery's premiership from June to October 2021.

After #foreign-affairs-council's inception, it has become the go-to discussion area for top-level foreign affairs discussion within the Cabinet, which includes the prime minister, minister of foreign affairs, minister of defense, and top foreign affairs advisers. As of June 2022, #foreign-affairs-council remained ahead of #cabinet-office, in terms of activity, for four consecutive Cabinet terms.

On the other hand, #domestic-affairs-council lags far behind both #foreign-affairs-council and #cabinet-office, ostensibly illustrating a difference in priorities in the South Pacific's regional government.

[Image: Cabinet-level%20activity%20on%20Discord%...02022).svg]

Declassified forum threads and Discord conversations
MediumTitleCabinetTime periodLink
ForumCabinet Agenda Setting/Inauguration Prep - June '21Witchcraft and Sorcery21 June 2021 to 21 October 2021Press
New LegComm memberPress
Raid of Confederate ArmyPress
Our embassy with ThalassiaPress
Regarding my resignation as the Minister of CulturePress
[CLASSIFIED] Our wagesPress
Resignation: EngagementPress
Test OP for unified appsPress
New Minister of EngagementPress
Start of Term - 10/2021-2/2022HumanSanity I21 October 2021 to 21 February 2022Press
Z-Day DiscussionsPress
Cabinet Policy on RecruitmentPress
Impending resignationPress
Executive Staff Recruiting DrivePress
Ping ReformPress
Unified applications: let's try this againPress
LegComm AppointmentPress
LegComm Nomination - AnjoPress
Preliminary Discussion: Cabinet Order on Delegate electionsPress
Repealing our treaty with CKPress
New NAP with BalderPress
New Minister of MediaPress
Ministry area ReorganizationPress
Discord#cabinet-officeWitchcraft and Sorcery21 June 2021 to 21 October 2021Press

Faithfully yours,

[Image: Jay%20Coop%20sig%20(orange).svg]
Jay Coop
Prime Minister of the South Pacific
On the behalf of the Cabinet

4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 3 users Like Jay Coop's post:
  • HumanSanity, Moon, Murelia

Thank you, Jay, for your work in spearheading this release!
Minister of Foreign Affairs
General of the South Pacific Special Forces
Ambassador to Balder
Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

[Image: ykXEqbU.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like HumanSanity's post:
  • Jay Coop, Moon